Takes forever for file Pano 2VR to open

Q&A about the latest versions
gwindle

Hi -

I have a project with about 50 panos - it takes forever to open. Is there a way for me to speed this up. Why does it take so long?

TIA

Greg
jare

Try this:
File>Settings>Images>Save preview image - enabled
gwindle

Hi - Thanks for the reply.

I do have the preview image > enabled box checked. Is this what is making the file take so long to open?

What should my settings be to ensure that I have a fast opening file?

Best

G
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Is this a Pro project and using Flash output?
If so use multi resolution with one level to externalise all the cube faces from the SWF file.
If not, can you provide more information on your project.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
gwindle

Hi Hopki: This a HTML 5 project.

Thanks for any advice - it literally takes forever to load and forever to export. On a dual core machine with 4MB of RAM.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I am guessing you meant to say 4GB RAM right?

To speed up opening a multi node project first convert all the input images to a cubic format such as cube faces. Converting to a strip is also a cubic format but has the advantage of still being a single image. Cube faces are better for very large multi resolution images.

The best way to do this if you have no Geo Data is to open a new project without any input images and use the transformation output, set vertical strip and the for image size set the width to the width of the largest cube face you will using in your project.

Example:
If your input Equirec is 10000px x 5000px, this will generate cube face size of 2500px with using default settings.
If you intend using cube face size 2000px then when you convert to vertical strip set the width to 2000px.
This will stop some of the resizing.

Then open the batch processing window, drop all your input Equirec's in and click Run.
This will convert all your input images to vertical strips.
If you output to a project folder you can then just drag and drop this folder on the Pano2VR desktop/dock icon to create a new tour project.

We are looking into a way Pano2VR can do this automatically with all input images as this stops having to remap all the images when you first open the project.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/