Mobile Settings

Q&A about the latest versions
frodo

Hi! It has been a long time since my last post. The same I´ve followed the forum almost daily. Despite of that I could have missed a thread about this issue.
I´ve recently updated to version 4.5 pro beta and have tested it mainly regarding html5 to use the output on mobile devices.
Its output behaves strange "jumping from one cube face to the other, showing a white gap in between. It buils the entire cube, but showing only one face each time while panning "jumping from one to another, never showing both cubefaces at the same time.
First I thought that some settings were wrong, so I output the same project that worked on the prior version, but now with the last one. Using the same input image and settings, the one created with version 3 worked rigth.
Here´re 2 links one created with the older version and the other with version 4.5.

This one has also a flash fall back created with version 3:
http://www.msk360.com.ar/idevice/in/c4in.html

This one only html5 created with version 4.5:
http://www.msk360.com.ar/idevice/in/4/c4in_4.html

I´ve tested them on ipod touch 4, iphone5 and Samsung Galaxy SIII mini, all with the same result.

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Regards, Martin
360Texas

Hi Martin, would you please try my site created with Flash & HTML5 using MultiRes -> pano2vr Pro 4.5b1. It might be how you created your project.

http://www.360texas.com/services/izamal ... dpano.html

Thanks in advance
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
frodo

Hi, Dave!
Thanks for your reply.
I could open your site and view the images on my Samsung phone. It all worked as it should
Could you open and view the links I´ve posted?
Regards, Martin
360Texas

With Microsoft Internet explorer 11 on a 12mbps internet connection
IE 11
version 3 after 15 seconds opened properly FLASH output. White background page. Small 300 x 400 ?? window panorama... with active animated hotspots not typical circle crosshair hotspots.
Next URL: opened HTML5 immediately full screen.. no hotspots.

We use the Samsung GS4 with current Chrome browser. Which Samsung are you using ?

Using GS4 smartphone using Chrome 31.0.1650.59 on
version 3. Opened full screen with standard hotspot crosshair circle hotspots not animated hotspots
Next URL: opened immediately full screen.. no hotspots

I think these issues are about the technical approach on creating your panorama

Hope this helps
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
frodo

Thanks for the details. The same I can not understand why the result is different, when the only change is the version of pano2vr.
The input image and the settings are the same. I´ve used the same project, but as I´ve updated the software it now opens using the version 4.5
Finally I´ve updated the link so the second one also has flash fallback to avoid any confusion. No hotspots, but that is not the problem I´m having so that should not be the cause.
I must be missing something. Will see.
Regards, Martin
frodo

Trying to make it clear and less confusing
Same project, same input image and output settings.
For both I´ve used the same flash fallback as this is not the problem I´m posting this.
Problem is the html5 output, when opened on idevices or smartphones. In version 3 it works as it should, but in verson 4.5 it shows issues as described above in my first post.

First opened and created with version 3.1.0:
http://www.msk360.com.ar/idevice/in/3/c4in_3.html

Later opened with version 4.5 beta:
http://www.msk360.com.ar/idevice/in/4/c4in_4.html

Will try to post some screenshots later.
Images taken from the screen of a Samsung SIII mini.
Here they are:
Version 3.1.0

Version 4.5

Regards, Martin
360Texas

You are probably correct... except... you might consider your different device browser. The web browser is the other common element between all your devices. THEN of course it follows that not each web browser is the same version.. meaning each device browser has its own capabilities.. some not at advanced as the other devices browser. Even a smart phone browser of Firefox is different than a desktop version of Firefox.

Maybe one is using Chrome 24 which does not have advanced shaders as Chrome version 32...
Now we learn that maybe one version of Firefox does not fully adapt to HTML5.

AND yes, If you created the pano with pano2vr version 3... and the other with version 4.1 with advanced features... will be slightly more complex in 4.5b1 .

I would guess its an:
80% chance the issues are caused by using different web browser between devices.
15% chance generated by pano2vr output user assigned settings.
5% chance between different version of pano2vr
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
frodo

Hi Dave!
Thanks for taking your time.
Despite that I´ve tested them on different devices, they perform the same way. The one from version 3 works the one from version 4 doesn´t.
The screenshots taken from the same device show it.
Same device, therefore same browser.
The output settings are the same in both cases. I´ve used the same project (therefore the same settings), only that in one case I´ve opened it using version 3 and generate the output and for the other I´ve opened it using version 4 and generated the output. So no chance to have done any mistake by copying the settings.
So it has to be that last 5% :)
I still hope that it is a human error and that somewhere I´m missing something. To minimize to a maximum that chance is why I´ve used the same project and the same input image and tested them on the same device.

Regards, Martin
360Texas

You of course have seen this site regarding Flash and HTML5 browser progress race

See the list of multiple browsers

And for FLASH
http://caniuse.com/webgl

and for HTML5 that use CSS3 3D transformations
http://caniuse.com/transforms3d
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
frodo

Update!
It seems to be a problem with the beta version.
I´ve just created a file with version 4.1.0. As all prior tests using the same project and therefore input image and settings. This time no flash fallback, because that is not what this is about. Only html5.
It works ok.

http://www.msk360.com.ar/idevice/in/4_1/c4in_4_1.html

Regards, Martin
hiv360

I have the exact same problem on tours made in Version 4.5b
frodo

Hi!
I´ve still the same problem when creating the files with the 4.5 beta version. As stated before it dos not happen with version 4.1.
I uploaded all the files created with version 4.5 and it did not work properly. Then I run the same proyect but on version 4.1 and replaced only the "pano2vr_player.js" file and then it worked properly.
Does it mean that there is a bug in the player generated by version 4.5?
Regards, Martin
PixPool-51

hello,

This is the problem I have also ... therefore
frodo

Hi!
Despìte the mentioned issue, I´ve observed that when using the pano2vr_player.js from version 4.5 my galaxy SIII mini opens using the 1440px cube face size and when using the player from version 4.1 it opens using the 700px cube face size.
Regards, Martin