Audio again

Q&A about the latest versions
adriansinc@gmail.com

hi folks,

martin has said this is probably a bug but it seems a fairly standard thing to do so i want some clarification on this if possible.

- if you add directional sound to the media editor at -1 loop so it does not play on loading. in the skin editor you link that sound to a hotspot with a mouse click action, and set the action loop to 0 to loop constantly, it does not loop constantly! it just plays once.

so if you want a directional sound to not play on loading, then loop constantly when the linked hotspot is clicked, you cant. or maybe someone can point out a method.

on a side note, actions-mouse click.......when you turn a sound on/off with a linked hotspot, the sound resumes not at the beginning but at some point in the middle of the sound. there does not seem to be an action like play/pause that restarts from beginning...

thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yep loop 0 is not working, however set it to 99999, I guess someone won't sit through 99,999 replays :wink:
The actions are
Stop
Play
Play/Pause.

Once stopped a sound will play from the beginning, pausing a sound will mean it will play from its last position.
Just stack two buttons on top of each other, the top button is play and also has the action hide self. The bottom button is stop with a show play button action.

This can be seen in the HTML5 sound example. Here I used the stacked buttons for Play and Pause as they have different button graphics. There is also a Stop button, after clicking the stop button the sound will start from the beginning.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/