Displaying the tour on multiple sites

Q&A about the latest versions
Geoff

Hi guy's, whats the best way to display a tour on multiple sites?
I have a client who wants to have the tour hosted on one site and displayed on other sites with separate hosting.
Geoff
360Texas

I think the process you are referring to would be "Deep Linking" or "Cross Domain violations".
I have seen home site displaying a photograph. Then on second website with different domain name display that same image. That image was MY picture. To foul the borrower I just replaced my copyrighted image with one that read "Stolen from 360Texas.com". Few months later I checked the errant domain website and found they had removed it. Job done.

Deep linking a panorama I would think would be a bit more difficult because on the remote domain websites would need to have the required support files (html5 tiles, skin, js's, .swf's).

What you could do legally on the remote websites would be to put a button or text link back to the home domain website that would for a moment redirect the visitor back to the panorama page....

Maybe someone else might have an idea about this topic.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Geoff

Thanks for that.
The client a big college with about 8 departments that want tours.
Some departments have their own independent site and form part of the main site too.
So everything runs a quick as possible, they want to have tours hosted on a separate server and displayed on the various sites as needed.
I've done this with google business virtual tours with a simple <iframe> and just wondered if it can done with the flash/html5 from pano2vr.
Don

Geoff, sounds like iframes will work well for you. Imagine the pano is hosted on server #1. Other servers then host web pages containing html iframe tags with url values pointing to server #1. Since your client owns all the servers, then the iframes should work very well for you.

My panos display in my iframes quite well. Depending on the need, I can make the iframe a fraction of the web page, or fill the full browser. Pano navigation still functions within the iframe. Search the Internet for "iframe tag".

And for pano owners who want to prevent their panos from being borrowed, as Dave points out above, then there is a header value you can include in your pano that blocks it from displaying in an iframe. Search the Internet for "iframe x-frame-options".
360Texas

Don, good thought.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Don

I hope so. We'll see what Geoff says. I know that for years iframes have been frowned upon, but now their html5 incarnation seems quite solid. I too avoided iframes for all the common reasons. Only recently did I revisit iframes and found that there really are valid instances when an iframe is a good solution.

PS: The <embed> tag also includes a "src" attribute which can be pointed at an external url. For some forgotten reason I went with an <iframe> tag instead. Now I will have to experiment with an <embed> tag to see if it works well with panos too. Not today though!

REFERENCES
1. <iframe> tag:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

2. <embed> tag:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_embed.asp
hum@no.id

Search the Internet for "iframe x-frame-options".
Hi Don!
You can read more... or simple example?
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj