360x360 instead of 360x180 ?

Q&A about the latest versions
adriansinc@gmail.com

hi, anyone know if you can do a 360x360? i want to be able to flip right over the vertical point where you are usually stopped.

yes that would probably be crazy for a normal pano!, but this is for something a bit different.
jare

Yes, this is possible to do but not the standard way. Open your project file in some text editor (I'm using PSPad) and modify min or max tilt values.

Code: Select all

<tilt>
        <start>0</start>
        <min>-180</min>
        <max>180</max>
      </tilt>
Then run the project file throught batch processing.
360Texas

I thought max might be 180 x 360 = for single flip beyond 180 and multiple flip say 720

Not sure if the program has a degree limit maximum trap.

Back 7 - 8 years ago Java would let you flip beyond the polar limit of -90 tilt down. Everyone knows that the 0/0 mark is on the image center horizon.
Permitting going beyond the nardir poll by specifying 720 worked.

Most folks just stopped specifying over the bottom pole or flipping just got the clients dizzy and disoriented... so they stopped.
After all it really was a distraction showing the clients product.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JimWatters

When the pano does not have a down nor an up or there does not appear to be a gravity in the image, then it makes sense to lift the restriction of stopping at the zenith and nadir. I am thinking of being inside a Esther drawing, in outer space, or any place where it is impossible to know where down is anyway.
adriansinc@gmail.com

thanks guys, very helpful..... jim watch this space! i have something you may like under construction!