Gyro optimization for android devices requested

Q&A about the latest versions
mr_cg

HTML5 pano's are working quite well on android devices.
Anyhow ... the gyro control on android is very bad.
Seems that pano2vrgyro.js is only optimized for iPhone.

Hereby i would like to request optimization of gyro control for android devices.
I would be also fine if this is based on recommended browser (e.g. chrome, opera, firefox).

I really like gyro control, but unfortunately it's not working properly on android. :cry:
360Texas

Many months ago I was using gyro on my Samsung GS4 smart phone and it work quite well.

Only issues I found were that people that using their smart phones and tablet complained about a bug in the program. Seems they would be sitting at a desk.... looking down at their display and the our pano ALWAYS initially opened looking at the ground or floor. They thought this was extremely awkward because the ALWAYS had to force the panorama to tilt up to the horizon so they could mouse finger pan around to see the content.

Because of this apparent "bug" in our panorama page code we decided to stop using Gyro. It was too confusing for our clients.

Later I explained that Gyroscope code is designed to follow the devices orientation. If the device was laying on a table... with screen facing up... that it was normal to see the ground or the floor. Gyro was doing as it was instructed from the devices orientation sensor. It was not a bug. But it was confusing for the client visitor. So we stopped using gyroscope feature.

Other issues we found were about smart mobile devices with small amounts internal ram and slow internal video cards. This apparently causes slow jerky rotation and slow cube face displays. Older smart phones definitely under performed. Conversely, newer smart phones with large ram and faster CPU and GPU's performed far better and Gyroscope does not need to be optimized.

pano2vrgyro.js is a script created by a third party and is copyrighted "Creative Commons Attribution license"

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
zap

Hi

where to find that js and how to install/use it ?

thx
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Zap,
Just select Include gyroscope control found in the HTML5's HTML tab.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/