using regular expressions to set the scale

Q&A about the latest versions
Virtualgeoffrey

Hi all,

I wanted to use the "regular expressions" for simply setting the scale of a set of elements.

I am using it to set the scale of 14 of the 15 elements to 0.
When clicking each hotspot 14 would disappear and 1 would show up.

This is what I used for one of the elements (example number 13)
I used:
mouse click - set element scale - 0 - #taskContText[1-12/14,15] - for all elements except element taskContText13

(I even wondered if I needed an underscore( _ ) prior to the number so I renamed all the elements to have an underscore "taskContText_1" (through 15).
#taskContText_[1-12/14,15]
However neither worked.

When I set each parameter individually
mouse click - set element scale - 0 - taskContText_1 (through 15) it all worked just fine.
However as I said before, when I use the "regular Expressions" for setting the scale in the HTML5 output, nothing happens.

All of these elements are overlaying one another, which shouldn't matter, but I didn't know if that might make a difference.
I would love to use the "regular expressions" for setting scale as it clearly makes life easier when you have multiple elements such as this.
Any thoughts?

thanks,
Geoffrey
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geoffrey,
Should work ok?
Please see attached project.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
test.zip
(92.34 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Virtualgeoffrey

Hi Hopki,

Yeah, that is what I thought. I wanted to make sure there wasn't any issue with RE and scaling in a bug report somewhere.
It sounds like it should work. I have another feature that allows me to "change scale" and it seems to be working - similar to your test demo. The set scale (hence the visual swapping) was having the issues.
In any case the actual application is more involved by hiding and showing a number of text containers running interactive web apps. Maybe there is a problem there.
I have a deadline for the project this week, I am using the individual line items for now which are working fine, but I will get back to trouble shooting it once the deadline has passed and try to figure out what might be happening.

As always,
Thanks for your help!
=)
Geoffrey