Hotspot is on top of Media Element ?

Q&A about the latest versions
soulbrother

Hi,

FIRST point,

is that normal, that all hotspots of the skin are visible above (layer of the hs is on top) of the media editor lements?

So, if I want to click on a media-element (picture) and want it to pop up to 100% of the window, no other element should be visible !

How to solve that - is there any workaround, is there any plan to modify that behaviour?

Remark:
For all applications where this behaviour is needed, Thomas could set up a switch to be able to choose:
a. Media element is on top of all other elements
b. Media element shows the same behaviour as it is at the moment

SECOND point:
How to position any decided element (a graphic) right on top of a media element, to make shure that the user detects that picture/sound/video as "clickable" (as other hotspots) ?

Is there any way to use the skin and possibly any kind of hs-template, with an action like that:
mouseclick -> trigger click -> _element_0 (media element)
( I testet that already but it does not work...)

Any other workaround... ???

Thanks a lot for some hints or some new setups, because for some applications this media elements are really great, but without those 2 points above it is useless for some other cases !
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is already reported, sorry no work around for the moment.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

So, if there is still no solution and no "easy" workaround, I need to receive informations about a "not easy" workaround.

Therefore the question:
Is there any way to load anf show a video with any kind of external loader via a dedicated hotspot?

If yes: How to do that, hints and tipps are very welcome :-)

Is it also possible to scale a video for that need with actions?

If yes: How to do it for html5 and for flash - as I guess it could be different..?
DHogg

To save starting another thread, I've just noticed that in Safari, hotspots are appearing on top of a media element in one of my panoramas too. It's a small 800x600 image which should enlarge to full-size when clicked on ... and it does just that but it ends up covered in hotspots! This doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox though ... any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Edit: this is also happening with an embedded video file in Safari which is currently hiding behind a black background layer when it should be in front of it!

Many thanks,

David :)
DHogg

Just to let you know my brother and I managed to find a bit of code which appeared to be causing this problem in Safari.

There is a line in the pano2vr_player.js file which reads:

"-webkit-"==T&&(a+=T+"transform: translateZ(9999999999px);")

By setting that large number to '0px':

"-webkit-"==T&&(a+=T+"transform: translateZ(0px);")

The media elements now sit on top of everything when clicked on, just as they should do – in Chrome, Firefox and Safari!

This tweak doesn't appear to have affected any other parts of the virtual tour, but if the developer of the JS file could have a look at this tweak and comment on the ramifications of adjusting the translateZ value that would be great.

At the moment I will need to tweak this value every time I make an adjustment to the Panorama, so if it is a bug it would be good if it can be resolved ASAP.

Many thanks!

David :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
Thanks for the information. I know this is on the todo list for the next version, but this is a good fix for now.
I have given this link to Thomas to look at just encase it may brake something, but if not all good.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
Speaking with the developer this was added as a fix for iPad in an earlier iOS revision.
As said there is a bug report for this already, so just updated it with your information, please see: Issue #1110
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Howard

This seems to be a good fix (HOW did you figure it out???), but only for the HTML5 version. Changing that line of code in the js player of course has no effect on the same problem w/media elements in Flash.
DHogg

I've no idea how my brother figured it out! That's why I've nicknamed him Merlin the Web Wizard ;)

I know he used the Inspector tool in Chrome to analyse the elements of the panorama, and the Inspector allows you to adjust any parameters in real-time and see the effects. I think he just fiddled with different values until he achieved the desired result! ;)

David
Howard

Bad news: while this solution seems to work on my iPhone (6), it renders the VR unusable on my iPad (2012). You cannot have any interaction w/the pano. I've reverted back to the original pano2vr_player.js.