Flash Panoramas - END of a short era?

Q&A about the latest versions
hum@no.id

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:04 pm

What do you think about this?
The coming months, I intend to completely remove the use Flash technology in its working process (for panoramic publishing).
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
360Texas

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Still to many smart phones and tablet devices and many more browsers that do not use HTML5.

I think it is to soon to drop flash.

Answer is to create panoramas that will use Flash and/or HTML5 content. Then let the device decide which content to use.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
jobes

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 am

There are still a few things Flash can do which HTML5 can't… but when we get Pano2VR 4.5 with multi-res, I think the writing will be on the wall for Flash unless it's specifically needed for a job. I will not miss it much…
hum@no.id

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Yes you are right ... There are some "bells, whistles", and other features in Flash, that motivate of customers "squeal with delight" .
But now I clearly understand, that finally come - one uniform standard that will end the long chain of formats and technologies - java-applets - QTVR - Flash (and a lot of other little hobbits etc.)

*cross dissolve transition and blurring image preview for HTML5.... and you can live and work comfortably :D
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj