Pano not displaying for Windows Internet Explorer

Q&A about the latest versions
JDoogan

I've been trying to get a test site live for a client to view but apparently it doesn't load on their computers. I haven't checked but I'm assuming Windows Internet Explorer. I've had another person test on this platform and confirmed it is not working.

How can I trouble shoot and solve this? It is working fine here on Mac Safari, Firefox but sound doesn't work; Google Chrome works fine.

The link is: http://vr20.businesscatalyst.com/output/Yardside03.html
Don

Displays fine for me in IE 10. I see a pano above a key map. Both nodes on the key map display fine.
360Texas

Its all about the Browser you are using AND the OUTPUT type you or the author has selected to display on their website.

HTML5 Output IE 9 and several others are not HTML5 content aware.. so they will not display.
FLASH Output IE 9 will display Flash only IF the Adobe Flash Viewer has been installed in their browser

IE 10 has been reported to be HTML5 content aware there for will display HTML5 content.

Recommend you become familiar with your Browser version and learn what browers are HTML5 content aware.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JDoogan

Hello,

The problem with 'Recommend you become familiar with your Browser version and learn what browers are HTML5 content aware', is that users or clients don't want to have to upgrade browsers to view a VR file, it shouldn't be their problem. I have paid a programmer to fix this problem by inserting some javascript into the HTML.

I had two users that I wanted to be able to see the VR file on there work computers who couldn't, so it wasn't a problem I could live with. I'm not a programmer and don't want to be, it would be nice if these fixes were built into the program.

Here is the programmer's analysis of the problem:
Looks like there is a javascript error in IE8...

<script type="text/javascript">
// hide URL field on the iPhone/iPod touch
function hideUrlBar() {

document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].style.marginTop="1px";
window.scrollTo(0, 1);
}
window.addEventListener("load", hideUrlBar);
window.addEventListener("resize", hideUrlBar);
window.addEventListener("orientationchange", hideUrlBar);
</script>

The line in bold is the problem although I suspect that the two other lines below will cause issue once the bold one is fixed. I believe the problem surrounds the "addEventListener" syntax not being supported below IE9 and only just in IE9.

The first answer on this page will give you a javascript function to try...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9743 ... javascript
kinprod

I too have this problem. I have just completed some tours for a big client who are using IE7 - I created two tours in the previous version on Pano2VR and didn't have a problem I have just finished creating the other tours using version 4.1 and they do not display in IE7 - they display perfectly well in IE9, Chrome, Safari and Firefox, can anyone help please?
JDoogan

I've been informed there will be a fix in the next release, possibly 2- 3 weeks.
360Texas

Just tried your link with IE 10 that is HTML5 content aware. I right mouse clicked the panorama and it only reported that it was created with Pano2vr. Did not indicate that it was using Flash. THIS MEANS to me that the panorama was created to use only HTML5 content and not FLASH.

Your 2 folks in the office probably were using Web Browsers that were not HTML5 Content aware. Or their browser was looking for a FLASH pano to be delivered... and a Flash .swf was not available on the server.

Hope this helps
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
JDoogan

Thanks for the info. I did manage to get a programmer to make some javascript to insert into the html and it fixed the problem. The user was on internet explorer 8, Windows XP.
360Texas

Ok.. good. But your 2 friends might consider changing their browser to a NON Flash flavor. OR

You might consider creating a Pano2vr HTML5 output with Flash fallback output. Then it should make no difference if your friends are using IE 7, 8 or 9 as long as they have FLASH plug-in installed in their browser.

Hope this helps
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
kinprod

Hi Dave

I have created my panos with HTML5 with flash fallback but my users on IE7, 8 & 9 still can't see the panos however this only happens on some machines. I have had my team view the panos on IE7, 8 & 9 and they can see them so it is something on the users machines. I am going to try the code that JDoogan has put in the forum to see if that helps them but if the fix is coming out in the next couple of weeks then that would be great.
Regards
Karen