Question about proxies & action ordering

Q&A about the latest versions
jobes

I've been trying to create an elegant way of ensuring I only have one hotspot popup info box open at any time. So if a user clicks on a hotspot, before a pop-up window appears, any others which are open will close.

In the past I created a solid black semi-transparent layer behind the hotspot pop-up which filled the whole screen (preventing the user from interacting with the pano), so when the user clicked on it or a close button, the hotspot popup was hidden. That's not applicable for the project I'm working on now though, so I've been trying to use proxies to close open popups instead. I can use an action to close all popups when clicked, but can't work out how to then follow that with an action to then open the popup which is specific the hotspot clicked

So I have two questions.

First, do actions on an item work in parallel, or serial? In other words, if I set an action to toggle visibility to 0 for %hotspotpopup, then another action to toggle visibility for hotspotpopup for a child of the item with the action, is there any way I can get it to do one, then the other?

Secondly, is there a way of excluding one item from a proxy group; perhaps carrying out an action on all %hotspotpopup items, except one which also has a specific ID?

I'm sure there's some why of doing this… either elegantly or as a workaround, but I can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance!
jobes

I'm still scratching my head on this. I've come up with a workaround: manually toggling off each named hotspot in a series of actions. So for five hotspots per scene, that's five actions rather than the 2 I'd hoped for…

It's not very elegant, and requires going back and manually updating all hotspots every time I add a new one to the skin, and using unique names for different components… but it does work. I'm dreading new additions to the skin though!

Something tells me hotspot proxies or wildcards should help me with this, but I can't get them to work for me. If anyone is able to point out a better approach, I'd be very grateful :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jobe,
Can you not use regular expressions?
See TIP
Example of use:

Your hotspot ID's

hs_a
hs_b
hs_c
hs_d
hs_e

mouse click show hs_b
mouse click hide #hs_[a,c-e]

The above will show hs_b and hide all the others.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jobes

Bingo! That should do it… I'd forgotten about regular expressions… much easier & more straightforward to use. Thanks Hopki!