swf hotspot problem

Q&A about the latest versions
jonblacksands77

I think I somehow figured it out! Well for the Flash one anyway, the HTML5 I'll worry about another day
360Texas

OK.. please tell me -> Mac or PC and version? What browser and version are you using?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
jonblacksands77

I am on a Mac, but the client will be viewing right about now on a PC, I've tested it on all up to date versions of Firefox and Chrome and it works fine for me, I also got friend to test it on their Mac and it worked fine too. I've literally just done it as a Flash Export, I think I was having trouble understanding all the actions/modifiers in the skin editor, so I went and put the swf in a rectangle box and also added a close item, making sure that that closed it down and the other elements did nothing but opened up when the correct hotspot was clicked on. I think if I can get my head round the skin editor and all it's actions, I should start to get it all working!

http://www.maxcommunications.co.uk/imec ... 526_1.html

The only thing is it seems to load a bit slowly, so I think I still need to work out what is causing that.
360Texas

More -

IE 9 - Flash 11.8.800.94
First pano takes 45 sec to download. All pano's confirm flash works. Flash Objects bust and wheel both work properly

Firefox 22.0 Flash 11.7.700.224
Results same as IE 9 download time took about 35 seconds

Chrome 27.0.1.1453 Flash 11.7.700.224
Results same as IE 9 download time took about 65 seconds

Observations: Our download internet connection is 12 mbps.
Slow Dialup, DSL connections also influence download speed. Download times are influenced by your internet connection speed, copper wire, slow routers and net congestion. Optimum download to display times should be around 15 - 20 seconds.. other wise the visitor will bolt to a faster page.

Suspect that your project design has ALL pano's and objects download before displaying them in browser.
Notice this time that Chrome and Firefox might have their own Flash version apart from IE 9.
I thought my Chrome did not have Flash viewer installed. I expected that your project would display in HTML5 only.... as a WHITE BACKGROUND.

Faster download times can be achieved by using smaller FLASH .swf files say around max 1.8 to 2mb. Your pano's appear to be very sharp and clean. Maybe we can chat on SKYPE and see how to get your .swf down to smaller faster download size with out loosing your high quality.

All in all this is getting to be a real interesting conversation. Thank you for sharing your work.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
jonblacksands77

My pleasure for sharing my work.

Yes, my flash file is quite heavy at about 41mb, the objects are both under 1mb so I think they are okay. The panos all feature quite high res photos which is what the client wants to be able to see everything clearly, so maybe I need to work out the best way of getting them down as small as possible without losing too much clarity in them.
360Texas

I assume you are somewhere in the UK. So we are about 6 hours (0 UTC or GMT) ahead of us here in Texas -6. So when it is 7pm there.. we are 1pm here. Here in Texas we are online Monday -> Friday 8am to 8pm and sometimes on the weekend. OH did I mention that we turned 70 this year? We retired about 14 years ago. Working and helping folks is a good pay back to the panorama community. We enjoy this effort.

If you use SKYPE our contact name is iam360texas . Before talking, somethings it would be helpful knowing are:

examples, we use a
Canon 5d, f/8 and hyperfocal point depth of field
Sigma 8mm fisheye lens,
Nodal Ninja R1 and leveller on a Manfrotto tripod.
4 images around 5° tilted up,
raw images [sometimes EV bracketing (0, -2, +2) total 12 image set],
use Adobe camera raw to convert to 16bit,
chromatic abberation corrected,
white balance corrected,
save image set out as 16bit TIF set of images.

PTgui 9.1.7 pro. stitching software,
stitched images output as 6000 x 3000 pixels at 72 pixels per inch, single equirectangle image 140mb +/- using Lanczos 2 interpolator sharpening filter.

Pano2vr 4.1 pro image conversion software.
Using the 16bit TIF 140mb convert to cube face tiles to patch the bottom nadir tile
reassemble to 6000 x 3000 equirectangle using default
Lanczos 3 interpolator sharpening filter.
Convert to Flash using 6000 pano width / Pi or 3.1415 = 1909 cube face (cf) tile size
Output Flash was converted from 1909 cf 140mb down to about 2 or 3 mb.
Adjust cf 1909 size down to about say 1200 to get the 1.8 - 2mb .swf

Example Flash/HTML5 test page : http://360texas.com/services/sr/dbu/
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
jonblacksands77

Hello,

Thank you for that very informative reply. Yes, I am located in the south east of England. I'm using a Canon 550d with the Samyang 8mm fisheye which has so far been doing a good job. I bought myself a Pano Maxx from red-door.co.uk but I'm slightly concerned about it not lasting for too long, I was just looking at the Nodal Ninja R1 which looks like it will give me a smaller nadir.

I downloaded Hugin for stitching, it was free and does a great job. I shall go through your Pano2vr information to make sure that's what I have been doing correctly. Would be great to chat on Skype sometime, I shall add your name.

Regards,
Jon
360Texas

Pat's hotel panorama from the Demo page was taken with our lighter tavel Canon 500d (crop factor of 1.6) with 4 around RAW 5° tilt up... on a hand levelled [read spirit level] monopod at waist elevation. After a few years we learned that we rarely need to look through the view finder. Just point the lens in the general direction and try to make 4 shots at 90°. Yes we turn the camera to Portrait orientation - image long side up. We have 2 Sigma 8mm one for each camera.

The Canon 5d has full 35mm sensor so we can the full 180° inside the sensor edges and shoot landscape orientation.

Ptgui is fairly forgiving if we don't get the horizontal angle exactly at 90°. The 5 or 7° tilt up help bring the image tops into convergence. Means we do not need to take an UP shot. Down side is that the nadir is slight larger diameter. We use a tripod cap that shows meaningful telephone, website URL information for the client.

I understand Hugin is similar in function as PTgui.

Looking forward to talking with you on Skype. We do video conferencing with our webcam. Otherwise we do audio or Instant messenger real time.

Dave
Dave
Visit 360texas.com