swf hotspot problem

Q&A about the latest versions
jonblacksands77

Hi,

I'm trying not to use the forum too much.. but there are some things I'm really getting stumped on!

I've been tasked with getting an object opening in a 360 I photographed last week (did a couple of objects as tests). I've followed through the hotspot video (with the toy) and I also found a good post from Hopki where the he'd posted a download with the files which I've been looking through, so I think I've done everything correctly (although I am not putting a picture in the tour as the object is already there, but I cannot for the life of me get the swf to appear. I even looked through the folder structure in Hopki's one to make sure I had everything places correctly and it seems ok, so I am officially stumped.

I have tried both the swf and external url options in the skin settings, neither work, but something is happening because when I click on the object, although the swf isn't opening there is something there because the hand cursor shows where it should be.

http://www.blacksands.org.uk/360/imeche ... _2526.html

Ignore the weird html name, I'm just testing it for now.

Thank you,
Jon
360Texas

Ok.. definitions are needed
Object imaging: Object sits on a daisy wheel rotating turntable... Camera is fixed angle of view on rotating object.
Panorama imaging: Camera is on your Tano Maxx rotating panorama head... ambient scene is viewed about 360 degrees on the horizon.

Your http://www.blacksands.org.uk/360/imeche ... _2526.html panorama was viewed

On a PC
Internet Explorer 9 (not HTML5 aware): Viewed only a white screen. The Flash .swf panorama not being delivered to our PC
Safari ver 5.1.7 (Not Flash aware) displayed properly as an HTML5 panorama.

It appears that your panorama head is mounted correctly and is calibrated to remove the parallax correctly.
Can not see any stitch issues in the zenith (up) angle. No issue in the nadir (down) angle of view.
Exceptions are.. the tripod cap (down angle of view) should be removed be taking and stitching additonal images.
We typically place a photoshop image to cover tripod cap.

Suggest you rebuild your project as HTML5 and Flash fall back flavor.

Your work effort has yielded a rather well formed and lighted panorama. Great job.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
jonblacksands77

Hi 360texas,

Thanks for your reply.

I did know the difference between object and Panorama, this particular job I have had to a small tour with some objects as a test for someone. I have just realised I didn't do the flash fallback option on this one though and tried that, though it's not fixing the no show for the swf file.

I have recently completed two Panorama jobs for the company I work for with good success, yes it's nice to get the correct equipment and have no problems with the stitching! I have yet to remove the tripod, I have been doing it so far with the patch tool and cleaning it out with Photoshop (my usual job is in digital imaging so that's not too much of a hurdle for me, though I know I could shoot a separate photo down without the tripod in the way).

This is not fixing the lack of swf file opening though, any ideas on that? I'm thinking I've just forgotten to click something in the software or somewhere because I took my object and replaced the one in Hopkis toy download and it worked fine, so I know the object is working ok, just something is wrong my end, I just can't figure out what that wrong is.

Anyway, I've just uploaded it with the flash fall back..

http://www.blacksands.org.uk/360/imeche ... _2526.html

My apologies, I have also realised there is no marker showing where to click for the object, so maybe I was confusing you in my explanation.. the right hand bust on the mantlepiece is clickable, I did a turntable shoot of that which I have put together in object2vr (another fantastic bit of a software from you guys!).

This is the object which works just fine, I just need it to appear in the panorama..

http://www.blacksands.org.uk/360/imeche ... /bust.html

Regards,
Jon
360Texas

Hi Jon,
The bust left mantel side... does turn to a pointy finger hand on mouse over in the HTML5 version but no linkage call.

No pointy finger hand in the Flash version.

This is pointing to a hotspot identification linkage to the object .swf issue. Might review the hotspot editor identification and then look at the skin link ... they should both point to a "hs" issue .

I know it is about 2am in the UK... will take another look at this in the morning.

We are GMT/UTC -6 here in Central Texas Time.

til tomorrow.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
jonblacksands77

It's nearly 3 now, I should really be asleep. I will have another play with it tomorrow. I know I must be close to getting this right. Thanks.
360Texas

I suspect your project is like this Hopki demo ?

The raindeer floating picture would be your bust on the fireplace mantle.

http://support.ggno.me/oip/
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
jonblacksands77

Yes, much like that one. I found a thread post where he made that project available to download which I did to check what might be wrong with mine, I even replaced his swf with mine to see if there was something wrong with the file but that opened fine, so I have clearly got a link wrong somewhere but I can't workout where.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Post your project and ill have a look.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Jon, Martin Hopkins is our Garden Gnome lead trouble shooter and moderator... it is safe to your work to him.

Please Zip both skin .ggsk and project file .p2vr and in your next REPLY upload zip attachment below.

Maybe he can help work wrinkles out of your project.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Also if information is sensitive you can always PM me.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jonblacksands77

Hi,

Well I've pretty much managed to get this working, both the HTML5 and Flash versions work when I preview them in Firefox, although for some reason it crashes out the clients Firefox. I think that might be an issue with them as it works on every computer I've checked on. What I'm stumped on is if I view it on Chrome or Opera a single frame of the object is showing at all times on screen and it can't be closed or used. Almost like were you to click visible on in the skin editor, but it's not of course and because it's not, I'm a little confused as to why this is happening..

http://www.maxcommunications.co.uk/imec ... _2526.html

Regards
Jon
360Texas

I have just visited your page.

After view testing with IE 9, Firefox ver 22, and Chrome 27.01.1453 it appears that you might have some issues with object nesting (child/parent alignment). I think this looks like an important project for you. You might consider sending Martin the project and skin file zip for review and suggestions.

Fireplace room with objects is pano #6. From initial pano... click pano3 and then select pano6

IE 9 (with flash viewer installed)
found pano6 Clicked on bust and wheel. Both open in embedded popup window [no toolbar or border] but no object viewable = white screen. No object toolbar.. BUT (+) close is visible lower right object window.

---
Firefox version 22 (with flash viewer installed)
on opening first pano [not fireplace room]... both bust and wheel objects open as separate new windows with functioning < > + - toolbar BUT no (+) close button. Close both objects new window using [X] button upper right.

From initial pano... click pano3 and then select pano6. Again click bust object... now in popup window with white screen no toolbar or (+) close buttons visitble.

----
Chrome version 27.01.1453 (flash viewer NOT installed)
Pano opens - WHEEL object opens as an embedded popup window mid screen center. Object tool bar functional. No (+) close button viewable.
Right mouse click on Wheel object - returns with FLASH viewer report. Click Flash report window.... object closes.
Right mouse click on initial pano... report window returns with [Created with Pano2vr] which means I am looking at an HTML5 pano.
Click on HTML5 return box... closes... WHEEL object embedded popup window returns to mid center screen.
This open right mouse click is repeatable.

---
Safari for PC ver 5.1.7 (flash viewer NOT installed)
Opening pano is slow as still downloading even after15 seconds.
Right mouse click to test for pano type.. Report box reports HTML5 content "Created with Pano2vr"
Clicked on point hotspot pano3 then point hotspot 6 for fireplace room pano6. Toolbar functions no autorotate.
Clicked on BUST object - opened with HEXIDecimal image code on white background. (+) button lower right visible and clicked to close.
Clicked on Wheel object - same.. HEXIDecimal image code on white background etc etc

Time for another cup of coffee. LOLLLL OR maybe 2 asprine for headache might be better.

You might consider sending Martin the project and skin file zip for review and suggestions.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
jonblacksands77

Oh I've been drinking the coffee with the aspirin!

Thanks, I shall send over a zip to Martin to see if I can get some pointers.

Jon
jonblacksands77

I'm thinking something might be wrong because I've used the text box in the html5 to display the object as Hopki said to me (then do the same but with embed swf in the Flash version), the only tutorial I could find to use the text box and entering html was one for a video which suggested I think doing it with an iframe? Maybe I should be using a different line of code. I know a little web design coding, but can't think which would be right.

Jon
jonblacksands77

I've decided to do away with the HTML5 one for now and just stick to the Flash export, which means it's working in Chrome fine now, of course now I have to work out how to stop it from closing when I click to turn the object, I think it's working like an image popup at the moment.