Flash vs HTML5

Q&A about the latest versions
RRuiz

Sorry for my stupid question, but still can´t understand what is the difference between using flash or HTML5. Using flash I can still view my tour at Windows and at Mac.

Or when do I need to use each one?
Can you explain me?

Thanks anticipated
360Texas

its not a Windows versus Mac issue.

It is an issue with the browser you are using. Some web browsers are not quite yet HTML5 content aware. For example IE 9 IS DEFINATELY NOT HTML5 content aware. However, IE 10 works with HTML5. Our Safari 5.1.7 does NOT use Flash.. so it works well with HTML5. Opera is said to be HTML5 aware. Others like Firefox and Chrome have different capabilities depending on version.

So... Pano2vr has web page code sniffers.... IF your browser has the Flash plugin installed.. it delivers the Flash version content of your panorama. If the web browser does not have the flash plugin installed in the browser it delivers the HTML5 version of your panorama. So we build our panorama content using "HTML5 with Flash fall back" technique.

Hope this helps.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Roy Reed

One other difference that 360Texas doesn't mention is that there is no way to add a domain lock to images viewed in HTML5 so there is no way to protect your panoramas from piracy using this method.
360Texas

Thanks for bringing this up in the forum.

I agree.. this domain lock does not apply to HTML5 content.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Don

Is "Lock Domain" even an issue in html? The Flash output is a single file for which "Lock Domain" is truly important, but the HTML output is many, many files. I have tried to steal my own HTML panos to no success. Send me a private msg if you know how? So I can patch that hole.
RRuiz

Thanks guys...

So what I have to do in the "Output" window is to add (in my case) Flash and HTML5 formats, and upload ALL the files generated to my web page, so in that way I cover whatever brower the user has?
Is it correct?

Thanks again!
360Texas

You said:

"So what I have to do in the "Output" window is to add (in my case) Flash and HTML5 formats, and upload ALL the files generated to my web page, so in that way I cover whatever brower the user has?
Is it correct?"

and " so in that way I cover whatever brower the user has?"

This assumes that the user has: a browser with a Flash plugin, and/ OR a browers capable of understanding HTML5.

" Is it correct ? " Yes
Dave
Visit 360texas.com