How to acomodate a lot of Hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
RRuiz

Please take a look at this panorama:
http://www.360cities.net/image/catedral ... ,0.00,70.0
... then view at top and do zoom. Review the quantity of details/ hotspots that are going to be inserted.

At the skin, how is the best way to acomodate the text boxes ?

Regards
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
A floating text box is one that tracks the mouse and not apart of the hotspot. This means if the text box is lower in the file tree than all the hotspots in the skin editor then it will always be on top, in the tips section you will find documents showing you how to do this.
Regards,
Martin
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RRuiz

Maybe I was not clear with my question:

I will take panos to the 12 chappels, and will do descriptions of the most important topics of each chappel. Maybe would be 12chappels x 10 topics = 120 hotspots within the panotour.

Until now (since I am learning), at the "Skin Editor" I will have only one skin that would handle the 12 panos. Obviously hotspots will be invisible until we do an action, but meanwhile whithin the skin , would stay the 120 hotspots

The questions is: what sugestion you have to put/arrange/acomodate the 120 hotspots within the skin as soon as I open the "Skin Editor".

I was more clear?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You would only need one hotspot template for your information and one for navigation.
Please project attached.

A text box is placed in the skin that has modifiers to move X and Y with Mouse X and Y. The information hotspot only needs action to make it visable and hide it.

Note, the information text in being placed in the Hotspot URL text field (Hotspot Editor). This is so you can still use Hotspot titles with the navigation hotspots that use the title text field.

The placeholder to read the information text is $hu, (hotspot URL)
The other thing to note is I am using alpha to make the information text box to show and hide, set alpha 0 to hide it and set alpha to 1 to show it.
This is because of flash, if you use the hide action what happens is the text box hides in its current location so when asked to show it becomes visible and you also see it move from it's last position.
If you use alpha, its still in the skin but just can not be seen, but means it still tracks with the mouse even when not visible.
No horrid text box movement on show.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
many_hotspots.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 154 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/