Fullscreen Flash and IE Flash plugin 9.0.115.0 (WinXP)

Q&A about the latest versions
erik leeman

FlDbg9e.ocx cannot be found on my computer, only Flash9e.ocx (2.85MB) version 9,0,115,0 in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash. Could it be that FlDbg9e.ocx is installed with Adobe Flex?

Regards,

erik leeman
hum@no.id

with Adobe Flex?
- no... simple update again from AdobeSite or run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9e.exe**"

**possible other named updater helper on your PC
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
hum@no.id

PS

You also can carry out the control, for end-users (clients PC) your site with support Flash Player Detection Kit, specifying necessary unique numbers of revision version... for example /DetectFlashVer(9,0,115,0)/

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplay ... ction_kit/
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
erik leeman

I ran FlashUtil9e.exe and it said there was an update available, so i had it download that update.
Then i was instructed that a new version of Flash would be active after restarting my computer, so i did that.
All of this had no effect whatsoever, nothing was updated at all. I ran FlashUtil9e.exe again, and again it told me there was an update available etc. This utility apparently does not work at all.
HOWEVER:
When i tested the effect the above actions had on fullscreen Flash (it had none, fullscreen hung just like it did before), i rightclicked in a Flash pano screen to see if anything had changed in the contextmenu. Clicking on 'Settings...' revealed an option i didn't notice before: 'Display - Enable hardware accelleration', and it was checked. "Hmmmm..." i thought, "what if..." so i unchecked it.
BINGO!!!!
I don't know yet if this solution is a permanent one, but at least it SEEMS to cure this computer's problem with Flash 9.0.115.0, so it just might work with other computers as well.
Please let us know if it does!

Regards,

erik leeman
hum@no.id

I was based on my experience... It is difficult to give precise recommendations, not forgetting that - 9 version has a lot of new increasing with many updating - 115 - revisions...
Roy Reed

erik leeman wrote:I don't know yet if this solution is a permanent one, but at least it SEEMS to cure this computer's problem with Flash 9.0.115.0, so it just might work with other computers as well.
Please let us know if it does!
I just disabled hardware acceleration here and it works - great find :D
richardlai

I have the same problem too. the full screen button didn't work, although the mouse cursor changed it's shape to a finger pointing to it.
my PC is winXP sp2, with flash 9.0.115.0, IE7
my mac is OS10.4, safari/firefox with the same flash installed also didn't work.

I've tried both hardware accelerator on and off in the flash setting, no improvement;
disabling/enabling flash9e.ocx didn't work in my case.

However, as loule said, Full screen works well with this example in my computers:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/fs_vr.php?pic=wwp2&t=4

Thanks & Regards,
Richard
richardlai

oops... I did the html incorrectly (the allowfullscreen issue). it was fixed now, thanks.
DrSlony

Try opening .mov panos in free-pv (cross-platform). You will not want to go back to cumbersome flash as far as fullscreen panos go. free-pv has the best fps of any pano viewer i tried. If you want high quality fullscreen panos on your site, after looking at windowed flash panoramas your users will want to download free-pv themselves if you manage to convince them to the incredible quality difference when using it.

http://freepv.sourceforge.net/