Offline browsing of tours

Q&A about the latest versions
EDevey

I thought I had cracked this the other day by loading a complete folder onto my android phone's sd card The only snag is that when you arrive at the next pano you need to 'initiate' it with a start arrow like you see on a youtube video. Apart from that interruption though, you can show someone a virtual tour - offline.

My question or rather questions are;
1. Does anyone know how to avoid having to hit the 'start' arrow between each pano?
2. Why doesn't it work on a Nexus 7 which is really what I would prefer to use to demo tours?
kris

Hi i didn't understand your first question, need a bit of clarity on it, and regarding the second question on nexus the defualt browser is chrome it doesn't support flash & it also has a bug or whatever you call, it display one tile at a time & the rest as white screen flashing effect, for offline tours you can install opera and configure the browser to play local files in this way: In the URL window go to opera:config. User Prefs -> Check Allow File XMLHttpequest -> Scroll all the way down and select Save. Restart Opera.

regards,
kris
360Texas

Hi Kris,

Which version of Opera are you using ? Opera announced last month that it will be moving to using WebKit. Are you using the new Opera ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
kris

Hi I use both opera mobile and opera beta, its not possible to configure beta version hence can't play local files but there is no problem in playing online tours everything works fine.

Regards
Kris
EDevey

Hi Kris,

Sorry about delay. I went on holiday for a while.
Thank you so much for your answer. I came back from holiday, tried your instructions and everything works brilliantly.

At the risk of being bothersome, do you know if it is possible, when travelling via hotspots, to get the effect of zooming from one pano to the next rather than the clunky 'close/open'? The way I have my tour constructed is a folder for each pano and link via hotspot to the URL of the next. Or, as I suspect, is that only available in the pro version?
Edwin
kris

Hi,
If you are outputting flash version then go to visuals tab ---> transitions ---> enable zoom In before/after. and in HTML version its not possible for now to do this.

Regards,
kris