Batch process crashing

Q&A about the latest versions
360vr_nl

I try to convert some 11,000 images to the 3x2 video format with the Batch window, but Pano2VR insist on crashing on this operation.
Apparently I am doing something stupid, or maybe there is a glitch in my setup.

Pano2VR 4.1.0 Rv. 3404/4.8.4 on OS X 10.8.3
The crash report is available here: http://360vr.nl/Temp/P2VRCrash.zip

Any help would be appreciated.

Karel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Karel,
Whats your settings?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360vr_nl

Hi Hopki,

I am converting to a 3x2 6000x4000 pixels.
Single image convert is no problem, but the batch crashes on the same settings.
Changing the output image size makes no difference, changing the output to 3x2 (no overlap) crashes also.

Karel
smooth

What are the input images. 8 or 16 bit depth .tif? .jpg?

Regards, Smooth 8)
360vr_nl

They are all png pics

Karel
smooth

That is an odd format to choose. That said, what is the bit depth of your .png's?
What stitcher did you use to choose the output of .png?

Have you tested batch using a different format image?

Regards, Smooth 8)
360vr_nl

I use png because of its losless compression and the fact that it is considerably smaller than a comparable TIFF.
The depth is 8 bits.

As I told I did not think that the file format is to blame as the individual images are converted without problem, only the batch process with the same settings crashes.
Just to be sure I converted 12 images to 8 bit TIFF and the same problem occurred: individual images are converted without a problem, the batch process crashes also on TIFFs
360vr_nl

I think I have narrowed it down to the following problem:

If I drag individual files into the Batch window, the batch process gives no problem, but if I drag a folder with the images (jpeg, tiff or png) into the batch window, the crash occurs.
And that might be a bug in this release, as I am sure earlier releases of Pano2VR allowed me to drag an image folder into the batch window.

Dragging the folder is mandatory, as dragging 11500 individual files will cause Pano2VR to hang. (the console report is available upon request).
Even dragging 2000 images into the batch folder will bring Pano2VR into a stall state. At least for 45 minutes.

Karel
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok, this is a bug and will be fixed with the next release. Issue #699. At the moment, the only way is to drag and drop individual files to the list.
MfG, Thomas
360vr_nl

Thanks Thomas, looking out for the next release.

I don't want to hurry you, but do you have a timeframe? My project is halted because of this bug and dragging a lot of pics into the batch window doesn't work for me. It brings Pano2VR into a stall state.

Karel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Karel,
If you open your folder and highlight all the files you can drag then all in, in one go.
You just can not drag in the folder.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360vr_nl

Hi Hopki

Thanks for your reply. I am aware that it is supposed to work as you states, but unfortunately it won't work for me.
I don't know if it is a P2VR issue or an OS related issue, but dragging a lot of files to the batch window, brings Pano2VR into a stall state.

I have in total some 60,000 images to process, which I split into 5 batches of around 11,500 images, but dragging 1,000 images in one take several minutes to load. That means a loading time of several hours for my 60,000 images (if I split them up in junks of 1,000 images).

And dragging the folder into the batch window (as I was used to do) goes instantly, (within one second).

So your suggestion of highlighting and dragging is not quite feasible... ;-)

Cheers,

Karel