call api for source "press" action "pan right/left"

Q&A about the latest versions
firey

hi,

I see in the document the api for pan right/left with click event
My question is "how can i make a button which makes tour pan right/left when being pressed?"
i tried with onmousedown but not work, the tour pan one time and stop
Don

I assume you mean a button on the web page, not a button on the tour skin? Did you see this Garden Gnome example?
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pan ... Script_API

I'm not sure how much you know about javascript, so here is a simple example of a button onClick event, in a form, on a web page:
http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.as ... ef_onclick
firey

hi,

I have read the document and i have tested it successfully
But i can only make the "onclick" event, i want to make the "press" or we should assume the "onmousedown" event
For example, u press and KEEP HOLDING the button to make the panorama panning
Don

Here is a list of events you can use. Each event on the list comes with an example:
http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/dom_obj_event.asp

Assigning the OnMouseDown event to a button in a form looks like this:

<form>
<input type="button" value="test button" onmousedown="javascript:alert('Hello World');" />
</form>

Update: Stick with the "Mouse Events". I didn't realize that w3schools list is so long. You just want the mouse events.
firey

hi,

I said before that i did test with onMouseDown event, and i know u haven't tried it yet (combine with Pano2vr API) :)
Actually it doesn't make "effect" as i want
Click: trigger an action when an element is clicked on.
Press: The action will be triggered when an element is clicked and PRESSED (with the mouse button)
the onMouseDown works a little different compared to Click: Click = Mouse Down and then Up, but it doesn't make "pressed" effect
Don

...this works for me. Left Button:
<input type="button" id="button1" value="Pan Left" onmousedown="javascript:pano.startAutorotate(-1,0,0);" onmouseup="javascript:pano.stopAutorotate();" />

Right Button:
<input type="button" id="button2" value="Pan Right" onmousedown="javascript:pano.startAutorotate(1,0,0);" onmouseup="javascript:pano.stopAutorotate();" />
firey

Wow, what a smart way to do it :)
Thanks so much, then i wonder how about the Tilt Up/Down and change FoV ? :)
360Texas

In this code string

="javascript:pano.startAutorotate(-1,0,0);"

(-1,0,0) means (pan,tilt,FoV) values
PAN -1 means -1° left of 0 center point could also use -270 rotate to left OR 270 rotate to right
As measured = from the mid center point of the panorama (50% from top to bottom AND 50% left to right)

TILT 0, means no tilt up or down (0 is on the center point on horizon) like -20° down and 20° up

FoV 0 means use default initial view) say use Angle [field] of View 50 or 50°degrees on the horizon.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Don

360Texas wrote:In this code string = "javascript:pano.startAutorotate(-1,0,0);" means (pan,tilt,FoV) values...
Not true. I guessed the same, but that did not work for me. So I looked it up. The "setAutoRotate" javascript function is not in the Javascript API. However, the "startAutoRotate(a,c,b) function is. I have not tested the 'c' and 'b' parameters yet, but the 'a' parameter works. I am pretty sure the parameters are (a = speed, c = whether or not to return to the horizon, b = delay). References:

1. Use a text editor (or a code editor if you have one) and read the JS files found in your output folder.
2. http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 16&p=29726

I am working on other things today, but here are the functions I have found so far for TILT and FoV. Unfortunately, these only work one click at a time at the moment. I will look for a smooth TILT and FoV as time allows:

Tilt Down Button
<input type="button" id="button3" value="Tilt Down" onclick="javascript:pano.changeTilt(-1,true);" />

Tilt Up Button
<input type="button" id="button4" value="Tilt Up" onclick="javascript:pano.changeTilt(1,true);" />

FoV OUT Button
<input type="button" id="button5" value="FoV Out" onclick="javascript:pano.changeFovLog(1,true);" />

FoV IN Button
<input type="button" id="button6" value="FoV In" onclick="javascript:pano.changeFovLog(-1,true);" />
360Texas

Hmmm ok... sorry, but thanks for your button code list.. it explains the process.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
firey

@don:
Yes u're right, i haved guessed the same when i saw your example but it's not work too :)
For the Tilt and FoV, we done your solution and it's acceptable, because the tour often "longer" and it does not require much click for Tilt and FoV
However, thanks a lot :)
Don

These functions and four buttons placed in my Pano2vr Pro 4.0 HTML page work for me. Note: I re-did the PAN button above, because the startAutoRotate function does a little jig when switching from Left pan to Right pan. Hopefully the gnomes will give us something cleaner than my solution below in the future.

Code: Select all

<script>
   // START Pan, Tilt & FoV control functions. The number 10 is the speed in milliseconds.

var timer,direction;

function startPan(ap) { direction=ap; timer=setInterval("myChangePan(direction)", 10); }
   function myChangePan(ap) { direction = ap; pano.changePan(direction, true); }

function startTilt(at) { direction=at; timer=setInterval("myChangeTilt(direction)", 10); }
   function myChangeTilt(at) {direction=at;pano.changeTilt(direction,true);}

function startFovLog(af) { direction=af; timer=setInterval("myChangeFovLog(direction)", 10); }
   function myChangeFovLog(af) { direction=af; pano.changeFovLog(direction, true); }

function stopThat() { window.clearInterval(timer); }

// END Pan, Tilt & FoV control functions.
</script>

Code: Select all

<form>
   <input type="button" id="button1" value="Pan Left" onmousedown="javascript:startPan(1);" onmouseup="javascript:stopThat();" />
   &nbsp;
   <input type="button" id="button2" value="Pan Right" onmousedown="javascript:startPan(-1);" onmouseup="javascript:stopThat();" />
   &nbsp;
   <input type="button" id="button3" value="Tilt Down" onmousedown="javascript:startTilt(-1);" onmouseup="javascript:stopThat();" />
   &nbsp;
   <input type="button" id="button4" value="Tilt Up" onmousedown="javascript:startTilt(1);" onmouseup="javascript:stopThat();" />
   &nbsp;
   <input type="button" id="button5" value="FoV Out" onmousedown="javascript:startFovLog(1);" onmouseup="javascript:stopThat();" />
   &nbsp;
   <input type="button" id="button6" value="FoV In" onmousedown="javascript:startFovLog(-1);" onmouseup="javascript:stopThat();" />
</form>