Zoom problem html5 on mobile

Q&A about the latest versions
the_b

Hallo to all,

I checked many html5 tours (even from gardengnome itself) on different mobiles with android system and all of them have the same problem. When you wanna zoom in or out -no matter if with two fingers or buttons- the screen gets blur and nothing is vissible anymore. just pressing on a button like autorotation makes the panorama vissible again.

In the forum i couldn't find any helping solutions. Has anyone an idea?
Best greetings
Bert
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
You can limit your zoom (FoV) in the viewing parameters, Min 40 Max 90 is normally what I use for HTML5.
Set your FoV depending on your image quality.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
the_b

Hallo Hopki,
thanks for your replay. But this is not my problem - I guess.
The problem is, that when you press the zoom_in or zoom_out button the panorama does disappear. it does not matter how much you zoom in or out. This problem I have with all html5 tours. Even those gardengnome posted itself. And this problem I have not only at my phones or tablet (all android system) but at my friends too.
Best Greatings
b.
360Texas

Typically issues are caused by the devices operating system and browser version and not the device itself and even less with Pano2vr or Object2vr software.

Your comment is FAR to generalized to even begin trying to research a solution. Please return when you have more specifics and we might be able to help you.

Suggest you be more specific and provide which cell phone and Tablet models and that devices Operating System and on board BROWSER WEBKIT version number; specific Err messages and screen function issues you are receiving while viewing a specific Gnome demo.

We have viewed ALL Gnome demo's with NO ISSUES using our
HTC Evo 4g 'Design' that is using Operating System Android 4.0.3 with browser Webkit 534.3.

For iDevices open browser in the URL address bar type in this string " javascript:alert(navigator.appVersion) " and press the Go button. Ours returned with an info box that contained this information:

Apple iPad3 using 5.0(iPad; CPU OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebkit/536.26 (KHTML like Gecko) Version 6.0 Mobile/10b141 Safari/8536.25

Visit :
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 729#p31729

and scroll down to my February 16, 2013 Android Platform version history.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
the_b

Hallo Dave,

thanks for your replay and the information, that it will be only a problem with some mobiles. On the basis of your comment I installed the opera browser. And... It works!! :-)
Now I give you some informations, of what I used so far:
- HTC Evo 3d x515m
- android 4.0.3
- I tried in normal Android Browser and Dolphin Browser
- Almost the same software at the tablet from archos (7o internet tablet)

What my friends used, I dont know.
But now I know, it is not a mistake of the panorama files but of the browsers.

Thanks for this result and have a great week!
Bert
360Texas

I think I can count over 10+ normal android versions - just depends on your Android version number. Typically Android operating system is using the smaller HTC installed verion of Flash on older phones.

When we first bought our HTC Evo 4g over a year ago I went to Adobe's download page and downloaded the Flash player. Worked find did alot of testing. One day I accidently dropped it on a concrete floor.. OUCH ! Broke. Traded it in under warranty. Today I visited our site to check to see if it still worked with our older panoramas developed with Pano2vr

Developed with Pano2vr version 2 Flash only
http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/s ... change.htm click a red white star. I got sticky issues where the pano would not rotate. (using 10mbps Wi-Fi router)

Developed with Pano2vr version 4 HTML5 with Flash fallback.
http://360texas.com/services/izamalcity/index.html click a name on the map. I now get smooth loading (using 10mbps Wi-Fi router) even if its a bit slow loading and rotating.. all the elements seen to function properly.

Went to Adobe's flash player download page.. got err message saying that my HTC smartphone no longer supports flash.

So using my HTC smartphone I went to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... sions.html and downloaded the stand alone version of the Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.47). Scroll down the list until you see Header called Android 4.0 Archives

Then go to | APPS | Settings | Apps | see at top bar downloads or far right tap "ALL" and found that I had flash player 11.1 12.87mb installed on my HTC phone. Yeah
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
the_b

Uffzzz, you do so much work to help! Thanks a lot. I will try this too.
But actually I care more about the users of my customer. They don´t try all this to get the zoom function running. I think, they just wanna have it working without installing special software. I mean, the problem is not soooo significantly because it´s "only" the zoom. but it would be great if everything would be working without any probs. :-)
Anyway, many many thanks for your help!
Bert