trigger click on pano load

Q&A about the latest versions
Virtualgeoffrey

Hi,
I have multiple pano locations that need to use the same skin (one skin only).
I am looking for a way to trigger click an action that occurs when each separate (xml) pano loads.

(I could place a large text field with nothing in it which is removed on rollover and in turn sends a trigger click on rollover but is there a more straightforward way?)

Thanks
Geoffrey
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geoffrey
Use tags and the node marker, example:
Tag the panoramas with pano1, pano2 etc.
Then add node markers one for each pano.
Then enter the tag, pano1 etc in the tag section of the node marker.
Then add the source action activate then the action.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Virtualgeoffrey

Hopki,
Thanks, I gave it a try but the "tag" feature in the User data isn't sticking.
There is nothing in the drop down and if I type in something - say pano1, it isn't there when I return.

I created a node marker in the skin, input the pano1 ect and gave it the action. That was pretty straightforward.
But even after that, when I open the user data and look at tags. The field is empty.

I am running PRO so I think I must be doing something incorrect?
smooth

You must hit the keyboard "space bar" after entering the (tag) name.

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Texas

Future Reference - This probably is considered "Too Much information"

keyboard 'space' or Decimal 32 is a valid character just like A, a, B or b and is assigned an associated number value 32 that the computer really uses:

Decimal 32 or number sequence Base-10 or digits 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal

Expression for Html &#decmial or &#32 for the keyboard character "space"

Also see ASCii Table and Descripion = http://www.asciitable.com/

But you already knew this
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Virtualgeoffrey

Thanks everyone,
That did the trick!
=)
Geoffrey
Virtualgeoffrey

I will rephrase that to...
Using the space bar to get the tag to stick did work but the trigger click/activate is still giving me an issue.

Let me try to explain again what I am trying to do to see if that helps make sense of what I am doing wrong:

I would like to jump from one pano to another (using just one master skin) and when the new pano loads I want it to preload a container.
The text box container being preloaded contains a html page and is called from a hotspot template button. (the url is sent to it via the hotspot editor.)
In the node marker I have used Activate to trigger click the button (as well as trying to trigger click the hotspot template itself), but neither have worked.

This is the error I am getting: Error:TypeError: Cannot call method 'onclick' of undefined
Which makes it sound like it is not receiving the info from the hotspot editor on entering the pano.

I tried to assign a hotspot proxy ID to the node marker which is the same as the hotspotID but that didnt seem to make any difference.

What am I missing ?
Thanks!
Geoffrey
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geoffrey,
This just confused the hell out of me. :oops:
Can you just try and explain what you want to do or see rather than how you have done it.
If you can walk me through what the user will see it may make it easier to understand.
Must be having a brain fart day :wink:
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/