invert control question

Q&A about the latest versions
Carel

This is more of a request than a question, but I would like other users' opinion as well. There are two issues related to this. One is the direction in which the pano turns when one interacts with it. The "old" way is to view the control as that of a camera. The "new" way was (mostly) foisted upon us by Google and acts more like moving the image. I dont have that much of an issue with the "correctness" of either one or the other, but I do have a major issue with the constant clicking and "pushing" one has to do with the inverted control. Why not have the pano keep moving just like with the "old" way? Google users would not even notice the difference at first because they are so used to drag, lift finger, drag some more. But sooner or later they will discover that just holding down their finger will keep the pano moving. It will be a revelation :) So please, could this be added to the control options?

Carel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Carel,.
Pano2VR lets you toggle between viewer modes in both Flash and the HTML5 output.
The defaults are different in the outputs to reflect the common user mode, but each can be changed under the advanced settings for the relevant output as well as being able to put a button in the skin to change the mode mid tour. (see simplex skin)
I think most "end users" are used to either the Flash push and google drag methods as they are very dominant on the web.
As requested, this is just my opinion and am interested in others.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Carel

Hopki,
The main purpose of the question/request was to have the option to make "google drag" continue moving when the mouse/finger is held down, just like in Flash mode. I find it very annoying to have to lift finger, drag, lift finger again, drag, etc. It takes the immersion out of the experience for me.

Carel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Carel,
I hear what your saying, It would be good if others chipped in to try and get the general feel for this. :)
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
smooth

Google push sucks.

Reverse the standard method sounds ideal for those who must do things backwards.

Regards, Smooth 8)
cesarp

Hopki wrote:Pano2VR lets you toggle between viewer modes in both Flash and the HTML5 output.
The defaults are different in the outputs to reflect the common user mode, but each can be changed under the advanced settings for the relevant output as well as being able to put a button in the skin to change the mode mid tour. (see simplex skin)
I'm trying to create panoramas using multi resolution and HTML5 with Flash fallback player, and I want to set the default viewer mode to the classic Flash mode of clicking, move in any direction and start rotation instead of the constant dragging that is OK for portable devices but not for desktop use. I see no way of changing that in the Advanced settings tab.

I know this can be accomplished using the simplex skin button, but I'm sure the average user will not discover that.

Any help will be appreciated
360Texas

I agree with Smooth !

For Flash we selected /Advanced Settings\ tab :

Control dialog box :

Movement:.... [x] inertia (this is good feature as rotation comes to a slow stop)
Mouse: no.... [__] for disable and invert control
Mouse Wheel: [__] disable and [x] Invert (this will let me zoom in/out using my mouse wheel)
.................[__] Disable in browser (this will let me use the wheel in my browser)
Keyboard......[__] Disable (this will let me use my key board for mouse controls)
.................[__] disable zoom (this will let me use the keyboard zoom keys)
Local Security [__] not sure what this does to enhance my panorama experience]

For HTML5 we selected /Advance Settings\ tab:

Control dialog box:

Sensitivity: [8] low default
Movement:.... [x] inertia (this is good feature as rotation comes to a slow stop)
Mouse: -----.. [__] disable [__] Invert control
Double-click: .[__] Toggle Full screen (most people already have single click selected for their desktop prefrerence)
Mouse Wheel: [__] disable and [x] Invert (this will let me zoom in/out using my mouse wheel)
.................[__] Disable in browser (this will let me use the wheel in my browser)
Keyboard......[__] Disable (this will let me use my key board for mouse controls)
Context Menu [__] We have a preference for always showing "About Pano2vr" because we are a forum moderator and we need to show the public we are using Pano2vr for all of our VR tours. If available other forum folks may choose to otherwise.

FWIW these are are our selections .
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com