Sound problem on iPhone but not on iPad?

Q&A about the latest versions
Kidkodak

Hello I was building a pano to be using on iPhone and iPad. I add my mp3 trought add sound or add media. On the web siote in PHP the sound are perfect on iPad/ Safari but no sound in iPhone last update.
On my mac tower the sound are OK.
Pano 2VR version 3102/4.8.3 On mac.
Ipad 6.0.1 Work perfectly.
iPhone 6.1.
Is the iPhone update who are block the sound access on the iphone?
How adjust this ?
Thank Kidkodak :?
Kidkodak

pos01.p2vr
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Correction: the sound are OK on the iPad but not work on iPhone. I was using the iPod of my wife and the pano turn but no sound.
I was download the older Pano2VR version with HTML5 publication and try to producing pano with sound. Same problem On iPad sound are OK but on iPhone and iPod no sound.
Here the adresse until Feb 5 http://www.cpgp3.com/a/pos01.html
I thy to add the data file of the project.
I was producing HTML5 sound panos last years and no problem with the sound on all iGadgets.
Thank Kidkodak :?:
Judy-A

You may need to use an ogg format file as the alternative sound file. See this User Guide. Look under Audio Settings/ Alternative File.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Med ... Pano2VR%29

Judy
Kidkodak

Hello Judy, happy to read freinds from west Canada, I am from Montréal.
I am working on the new version (4) and I don't see where is the Panoramic media editor?
I have the possibility to add sound in the first page or in the skin.
I will find something to convert my mp3 in OGG to test.
The point who are giving me head heache is: the material build with the same Mac but older soft version before Chrismas work well and today with the same old or new one,they don't work.
Maybe some thing so big and simple, I pass over without caution !
Have a good night, Kidkodak :D
Kidkodak

Oops, I was working on old version . On the new one I find the page Sorry.
Kidkodak :oops:
Kidkodak

I was converting the sound in .ogg. No difference. The iPad work well but the iPhone/iPod don't.
The file are under 1 meg. Idea ??
Thank Kidkodak :?:
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
iOS has some oddities regarding sound and there are differences between iOS 4/5 and 6.
Example, it will not let sound auto start, not even a loaded play sound action will work it requires a physical button click.

Please find attached a simple project I used to do all my testing. I am using a button_click sound and a snippet of music as background music.
There are 4 files two mp3's and two ogg's.
mp3 = Safari and others
ogg = Firefox and others

The project is HTML5 and this why different file types are required, example mp3 does not play in Firefox. The project is configured to play the background music on open. There is also a blue button with a play/pause media action in the skin for the background music. The green button toggles auto rotate and also has a play media action to play a button_click sound.

Here are my test results:

All Apple devices using iOS 4 or 5:
Project opens no background music playing. Press the blue button and it starts to play. Press the green button the background music is PAUSED and the button_click is played. Pressing the blue button starts the background music from where it left off.

All Apple devices using iOS 6.0.1 or 6.1:
Project opens no background music playing. Press the blue button and it starts to play. Press the green button and the button_click is played while the background music is still playing.

Note regardless of iOS:
Adding a play media action to play the button_click sound in the blue button stops the background music from playing. However this is dependent on which action is last in the button.
Example:

Blue Button, play pause background music:

Code: Select all

Mouse Click => Play/Pause Media => Loop: 0 => Target: _background
Mouse Click => Play Media => Loop: 1 => Target: button_click
The above results in the background music not being played.

Blue Button, play pause background music:

Code: Select all

Mouse Click => Play Media => Loop: 1 => Target: button_click
Mouse Click => Play/Pause Media => Loop: 0 => Target: _background
Depending on which button you click first will depend on if only the background music will play or only the button_click sound will play.

Basically having a single button to play two sounds will cause a problem.

Please note this is very much an iOS problem as opening the project in Desktop Safari or Firefox (which is using the ogg files) plays as expected, when the project opens the background music starts and the button click sound is heard even if added to the blue button.

Hope this helps,
Hopki
Attachments
sound.zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 204 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Kidkodak

"Eureka" like he said. It work. In my mind, HTML5 actually may be a bit tricky. Thank a lot Kidkodak :D