ibooks wdgt - media file nit supported.

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

Anyone seen this error?
I can't see the issue, I'm using the same template and skin as I did for other pano conversions. Checked the output folders and I'm not seeing anything other than .png or .jpg.

Weird..
smooth

Possibly the .jpg is progressive scan.

Regards, Smooth 8)
RobM

smooth wrote:Possibly the .jpg is progressive scan.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Was actually just thinking that too.
Must have been that. I backed down the line of construction and and got nowhere. The same error. So I re-opened all the main panorama source images and resaved them as .psd. Now it works. So simply a silly thing like that making it burp.

Thanks for the feedback,
Rob
RobM

I'm getting this crap again!

Brand new file. Brand new project.
I load up the image file, process to a .wdgt. Ibook throws up the same error. Contains a file format that is not supported..
I'm reopened the image file in PS, resaved as a .psd file, tried. Same problem. Saved as a new image and as .jpg baseline.. same problem.
Boxes are checked as in the tutorial page on this site. save images as .png, etc, etc.
It's a ridiculously simple pano to test ibooks again and something somewhere is failing.

Tried rebooting the MacBook Air, tried creating a new ibook and inserting the wdgt. Everything.

And the worst thing of all? It worked. This file worked! I just realised that the initial size was wrong so changed that in my pano2vr project file and since then nothing works.

Too much insanity for a Sunday, I'm giving up for now and will return to it another day.
RobM

fixed..

WARNING

When creating an ibook template file. It creates a Default.png file to use as a thumbnail.
The .png is an invalid file in the eyes of ibooks author.

In my haste to just block out a book quickly I didn't bother exchanging this 'Default.png' file with my own thumbnail file as I just wanted to see how it ran in ibooks before I bothered.

Might be worth the developers adding a valid Default.png file to the ibooks template?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rob,
I tried making the widget with and without progressive JPEG and all works ok.
For the thumbnail image I get Pano2VR to make a png from the transformations output, 1024 x 760.
Add the image to the iBooks HTML Template which renames it to Default.png in the widget package.

This also works without any problems.
I have made a few now and do not get the error.

Can you send me one of your thumbnail images you get the problem with?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RobM

Hopki wrote:Hi Rob,
I tried making the widget with and without progressive JPEG and all works ok.
For the thumbnail image I get Pano2VR to make a png from the transformations output, 1024 x 760.
Add the image to the iBooks HTML Template which renames it to Default.png in the widget package.

This also works without any problems.
I have made a few now and do not get the error.

Can you send me one of your thumbnail images you get the problem with?
Regards,
Hopki
Hi Martin,
Where are the settings to get Pano2VR to make the png from the transformations output?
If I leave the 'preview image' option in the HTML page, blank. That's when it seems to generate a Default.png that snarls up ibooks.
I'll mail one over.

Also.. You experimenting with ipad2 and 4? I've got a to get an ipad4 to see if the capacity of the ibook can be increased on that model of tablet.
As I said before, I suspect the iPad2 capacity gets bogged down if there is too much content on one page.
I'd also like to up the resolutions for the ipad 4 versions.
Firstly I have to listen to my client to see what their team are running.

Rob

EDIT. Just looked at the Default.png that pano2VR has been creating and it is 0kb. Empty image. No wonder I've been getting errors in ibooks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rob,
This may be the png file you have made rather than Pano2VR.
This is why I want to see the image you use.

In the mean time try this:

Select the output Transformation.
Change type to Rectilinear and size 1024 x 768.
Format png
Then output the image.

Now open the HTML5 output and select this image as the Preview Image.
Works every time for me.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/