fullscreen links in HTML5

Q&A about the latest versions
rsmkns

The new version 4.0 is great. Thanks for the updates.

I have been having a problem in linking VRs in fullscreen mode. I use one html5 page and link the VRs through their xml page (target is always _self). When you click on the link, the fullscreen changes appropriately, but the original html page is brought to the front. To get rid of it, one simply clicks on the fullscreen image in the background and the html page disappears.

The issue appears to be the "_self" target. With no target selected, the links work find in fullscreen, but then they don't work well in normal (not-fullscreen) mode. In that mode, the linked VR is put in a new html page, as one would expect. Thus, the need for a _self target.

Is this a bug in the fullscreen mode, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ron
360Texas

Is full screen hotspots with continued fullscreen you are looking for? Full screen means full monitor screen... or full browser screen?

Click the expand to full monitor size.. click hotspot move to next pano with full monitor screen ?

There seems to be a synamatic definition issue... full browser screen compared to full monitor screen issue.

Here if you use browser PC Safari 5.1.7, PC IE 9, Chrome 23, and Firefox 16.02 you click the full screen button to get full monitor screen. Full monitor screen does not work with iPad, iPhone... its an iOS 6 and 6.1 issue.

I am also getting an html issue with browsers with tabs... I am using map _self and can't seem to close the original pano.. so get tab 2 with next pano. Think its an HTML web page issue.

http://360texas.com/services/izamalcity/index.html
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
rsmkns

I am dealing with full monitor screen (HTML5) - which seems to be all that is possible with 4.0 (if there is a full window screen option, please let me know).

I can find no problem with Chrome or Firefox (both Mac), but on Safari (Mac), the links in Full monitor screen mode do not work properly. Perhaps it is a bug with Safari, or at the least, Safari implements the full screen differently. Below is a link to a draft HTML project to see the problem (again on Mac Safari).

http://www.virtualworldproject.org/new/ ... PT125.html

Thanks for any help.
360Texas

Appears that URL links to some Petra single images instead of panoramas. Maybe I did not look far enough.

We used to live in Tabuk, Saudi Arabia [1971] which was about 4 hours drive South of Petra.

/s/
Dave Albright
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
rsmkns

I don't get it. The link opens with the panorama covering most of the window (left two-thirds). It is not set to autorotate, but you can drag it or use the navigation icons at the bottom of the image.
360Texas

Ok in all fairness you DID mention that this was an HTML5 layout. Took another look and attempted to replicate your issue and failed. Which is a good thing.

I should learn to read your instructions !

What did fail was attempting to view your site using:
Safari 5.1.7 (flash 11.x NOT available) and I saw a screen clip.. no rotation, toolbar non-functioning.
IE 9 no panorama at all.. just a void panorama area with thumbnail (non functioning) on right side.

FIREFOX 16.02 and CHROME 23.0 (flash and plugins disabled) your panorama opened properly with the HTML5 content. I clicked on the full screen button and it opened to our 27 inch Samsung monitor full monitor size. Clicked a point hotspot.. and screen dimmed to black and transitioned to and from next panorama without issue.

With your browser - did you visit our Izamal page? Did you get the same full screen/monitor ISSUES that you had with your Petra project ? IF so I might be able to help you with the HTML5 settings.
OTHER thing.
While living and working at Tabuk Saudi Arabia, we sometimes took our company Twin Cessna 402 aircraft over to Jeddah. Along the way we flew from Tabuk down the Damascus - Madina railroad track [read Lawrence of Arabia era] and low over to see Madina En Sala which is very much like Petra. Use Google Earth key search Madina En Sala to see single snaps. Alas, at that time tourists are not allowed in Saudi and we did not land at Medina sala to take pictures.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
rsmkns

The firefox and chrome work fine, as you found out. I don't know why the pan did not work in Safari. It works fine with my setup (v. 6, but it worked in v. 5 too).

In any case, I did go to your website in safari and the links also worked fine. As I noted in my first post, the problem seems to be in the "target", which is _self (it works without the target chosen, but then I get a new page for each link when not in fullscreen). I also use the # for the url, which does not seem to be a problem.

What is the set up for your links? I think this is probably a safari issue since it works fine with firefox and chrome.

Ron
360Texas

I just sent an email to you at your school email address.

Dave
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

You only use _self, _blank targets etc when linking HTML (webpages).
In full screen you cannot jump from one web page to another in full screen.
To have full screen linking. Your linking must be done with .swf or .xml files to maintain full screen.
The target area is then only used for Pan/Tilt/FoV: xx/xx/xx

Regards, Smooth 8)