Hotspot BUG using Pano2VR 3.1.2 and IOS 6

Q&A about the latest versions
epoc

I just updated my ipad to IOS 6.1. I now get an error when using point hotspots that worked fine with IOS 5. This error happens randomly in that sometimes the hotspot works fine, sometimes it errors. Error says:

Error:Error NETWORK_ERR:
XMLHttpRequest Exception 101

I just checked using my iphone that is still using IOS 5 and everything works fine. I am happy to update to Pano2VR 4 if this problem is solved, but obviously if problem still occurs, I don't want to update until it is.

Image of the error below.

Appreciate any input to sort this issue asap.

Thanks,
E
epoc

I have now checked this on 4 idevices. It is consistent. IOS 5 works correctly. IOS 6 fails.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thomas, Hopki, anyone?? I really need a solution to this.

Thanks
E
Hopki
Gnome

Hi epoc,
Can you upload a screen shot of one of your hotspots in the Hotspot Editor and the actions in your Hotspot Template in the Skin Editor.

However you should have either the .swf or .xml (HTML5 Only) in the URL field.
Then have either of the following actions in the Hotspot template.

Mouse Click => Open Next PanoRama => URL: $hu => Pan/Tilt/FoV: $ht
or
Mouse Click => Go To URL => URL: $hu => Target: $ht

If the above does not help please send the screen shots.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
epoc

Hi Hopki,

We are using PHP. Here is the code we use in the hotspot editor URL: goldCoast.php?tour=nexttour

In the Hotspot template we have: Mouse Click => Go To URL => URL: $hu => Target: $ht

As I said, this has been working fine with IOS 5 and works randomly ok in IOS 6. Sometime I can get through 3 hotspots, then all of a sudden we get the error on the 4th. Other times it happens on the 1st hotspot. It is very random.

Thanks,
Ian
epoc

Hi Hopki,

My mistake, we use PHP for the normal PC and Mac version of the Tour. For the mobile version of the Tour in the hotspot editor, we simply use the filename.swf.

Thanks,
Ian
thomas
Chief Gnome

iOS 6.0.1 (and Safari) are doing the correct thing, as you have specified a cache manifest file, but you didn't include the xml files and images for the other nodes.
The cache manifest should only be used for offline usage, only if it is really needed, and if you know what you are doing.
Otherwise it has a lot of drawbacks like it causes a lot of traffic on startup, and may result in strange bugs (like this one) if it isn't used correctly.

If you remove the manifest from your html tag, so in your case changing

Code: Select all

<html manifest="living.manifest">
to just

Code: Select all

<html>
and then update your mainfest file on the server (to force a reload), clear the browser cache and after 2 page reloads everything should work just fine (because files that are loaded with a manifest file are hard to get out of your cache by design).

See also: http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-2011 ... fline.html
MfG, Thomas
epoc

Thank-you Thomas. I will do this on this customers next project.

One thing, I am using the files as generated by Pano2VR. I was unaware that the manifest file should not be used. I also have uploaded all images/nodes and xml files in the same folder.

Regards,
Epoc

*edit: For anyone else that experiences this issue, I simply deleted all the manifest files from the server and the Tour now loads correctly via the Hotspots. Once again, thank-you Thomas for this fix. :D