HELP - HTML5 output not working on IE9

Q&A about the latest versions
EvaGolightly

The HTML5 output looks good on FF but will not display on IE9, built in WIN7. Any clue? Suggestions?
Last edited by EvaGolightly on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smooth

IE9 does not support HTML5 :evil:
Use Flash output either totally or as fall back.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Tong

offtop: IE it`s software for downloading browsers, nothing more ;-)
smooth

Tong wrote:offtop: IE it`s software for downloading browsers, nothing more ;-)
That it may be for experienced users like us. But it is still the #1 PC browser throughout the world.
People buy a PC turn it on and IE is the browser. Lots and lots of panorama viewing public (or business) never get past this point.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Tong

but google chrome now number1 browser ;-)

http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-w ... 121-201221
smooth

Based on that yes, just! But not in Australia.
Do we trust or even believe that? I don't know a single person locally that uses Google Chrome as their browser of choice.
Anyway regardless, even if IE is second that is still a HUGE market.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Tong

agree. thats why we have fallback ;-)
EvaGolightly

After doing some research...IE does not "support" HTML5 tags, such as <nav> or <section>. However, this stuff is mostly CSS, javascript, and images. Doesn't need those tags. No?

The HTML5 version will work on iPads but I still need a version to work on IE. :(
360Texas

Anyone on Windows 8 and IE 10 for testing ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

EvaGolightly wrote:After doing some research...IE does not "support" HTML5 tags, such as <nav> or <section>. However, this stuff is mostly CSS, javascript, and images. Doesn't need those tags. No?

The HTML5 version will work on iPads but I still need a version to work on IE. :(
We use "HTML5" as a shortcut, for a bunch of new technologies used to display panos but one of two key technologies is especially critical to make panoramas work; CSS3 3D Transforms or WebGL.
On the linked pages you can see that browser support is now at ~60%, and growing. I think QTVR was never above 70%, back in the days.
The good news is, that Internet Explorer 10 also supports CSS3 3D Transforms, so finally all major browser are able to show panos without Flash. Please note: Only Pano2VR 4 supports Internet Explorer 10 as Microsoft uses a different way of implementing this feature.
MfG, Thomas
EvaGolightly

Thank you all for the feedback. :D In order for me to troubleshoot, what specific items are required for it to work so I can check for them.