pinned video not showing up

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

Forgive my blonde moment here..
I've just installed V4 as I've finally got a quiet moment in between jobs. One of the most interesting parts of it for my clients is the pinned video.
I can't for the life of me get it to work though.
I took a panorama image from one of my projects, watched Martins video and did the drag/drop video file into to the media editor, click to play, etc. When I render the project out, no pinned video or even marker shows up at all. I added a .swf as alternative video source and still nothing. Tried rendering my usual Flash and HTML5 projects, nothing, a fresh project, nothing.
Browser is Firefox, OS Win7. There must be something simple I'm missing...

Cheers for any pointers.
Rob
kris

check out this may help http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=7559 if not reply
RobM

kris wrote:check out this may help http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=7559 if not reply
that covers actual placement, I've placed the video, it's just not playing in the rendered and output project.
smooth

Been in your situation.

Please read this thread

It's all about the video type and compression used.

Regards, Smooth 8)
RobM

smooth wrote:Been in your situation.

Please read this thread

It's all about the video type and compression used.

Regards, Smooth 8)
thanks, going to have a look
RobM

Ok, I've had a play in Pavtube, my video converter of choice, it has a million and one conversion options. The first one I tried, (some random Android setting) worked. Video quality isn't great, not the actaul positioning but at least I'm on the right track there. I'll have a play this week when I get some more time. Thanks for the heads up.

Rob
RobM

seriously hoping the video media placement tool gets some better controls in the next version. Trying to match the video plane to monitors in my panorama is a pain and sometimes not possible due to the angle they are at.
smooth

RobM wrote:seriously hoping the video media placement tool gets some better controls in the next version. Trying to match the video plane to monitors in my panorama is a pain and sometimes not possible due to the angle they are at.
+1 The way it is, it is next to useless in most situations. I've given up on it until it's improved. There's only so many hours one can waste.

Regards, Smooth 8)