P2V 4beta3 - gyro auto vertical movement to match iOS device

Q&A about the latest versions
JohnGore

I notice that since Pano2vr v4beta3 with the gyro mode on, using an iOS device, when the user does not give input for a few seconds, the pano automatically moves (looks up or down), in line with the orientation of the iOS device.

If the sentence above make little sense at all (sorry), then perhaps an example:
If the user puts the iOS device on a table (leaving gyro mode on), then turns the pano around using finger input, all works as expected. Then, when the user stops giving finger inputs, and simple looks at the pano, after a few seconds it will automatically start moving (vertically), and in this case it will end up looking straight down at the floor! Makes sense, because the iOS device is lying on a table, and the gyros tell the app that it should be looking down.

I think this is a wonderful feature, and most welcome! Thank you Thomas.

However, I do think some would possibly like the option of turning this feature on or off. Also, some may like to tweak the feature (for example, I would prefer if it worked a little faster, and did not slow down toward the end. IMHO it should be a 1 second movement, rapidly moving to the new point). Others may not agree with the faster speed, and may prefer slower speeds.

Please add options to turn this feature on/off, and possible to change the speed of this feature.

tks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jphn,
you can now add javascript code in the Goto URL action. To toogle the gyroscope simply add javascript:gyro.toggle(); as the URL in the Goto URL action.
To enable/disable the Gyro call:

Code: Select all

javascript:gyro.enable();
javascript:gyro.disable();
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JohnGore

Thanks Hopki

If you read my post correctly you will see that I am looking for the default to be on or off for the NEW auto level fuction (not for the gyro function).

I already know how to do the goto url for gyro toggle (see my post on the forum thread... http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=6994 ).
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
The Gyro will be revisited at some point as there are some outstanding issues with it. Issue #501
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
kris

Hi John

I ex-->erimented with some settings for default gyro Off & finally found a solution for the gyro to be Off by default. So make a hidden button & trigger the Gyro button with this.

Hidden button -settings
Source:loaded --> Action:trigger click --> Target:Gyro button
Source:reloaded --> Action:trigger click --> Target:Gyro button
Source:loaded--> action:move to default view

I have tested this on android tablet & working fine, reply how its working on I device.

regards
kris