Firefox issue in Pano2VR 4.0 beta

Q&A about the latest versions
keith@fachwen.org

Testing output from Pano2VR 4.0 in most browsers seems to be fine on Mac and PC. One issue has come to light with FireFox on a PC, the pano aren't tiling properly on screen. Default output is HTML, with Flash fallback.

Test site is here: http://www.fachwen.org/beacon

ScreenCap as well:
Attachments
firefox screencap.png
firefox screencap.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 7104 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Firefox is trying to use CSS3D, if you go into Firefox settings you can force WebGL, then it works.
Just type in about:config in the URL and then search for WegGL, Find Force WebGL and set for True.
Do this at your own risk.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
smooth

Check your Firefox browser version 16.0.2 on PC works fine with your tour for me.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Smooth,
I have only ever seen this with XP, vista and 7 both work OK.
Thomas and I are amazed that you can still purchase it, its 11 years old... :shock:
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
smooth

Yes, I just fired up an old computer running Windows XP and updated the Firefox browser to 16.0.2 and it fails.
Time to update your seriously outdated operating system.

Regards, Smooth 8)
keith@fachwen.org

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm using XP in Parallels on my Mac - just for testing. I guess I should use Winoze 7 or something? At work most machines (5000+) are still running XP though!

Would it make a difference I wonder if I made Flash the default tour with HTML 5 being the fallback?
smooth

The only reason I can see for using HTML5 :evil: is for mobile devices.
It is a platform lacking features and performance. It is still very much in the development stage.

If Apple and gutless mobile devices were not about, then I doubt HTML5 :evil: tours would even get a foot hold.

Make Flash your preference and HTML5 :evil: the fallback.

Regards, Smooth 8)
keith@fachwen.org

I've now setup Windows 8 in Parallels on my Mac and tested the tour http://www.fachwen.org/beacon on 4 different browsers. I've re-created the tour with the latest beta: 4.0beta3 ?Rev 3038/4.8.3 Nov 5 2012

The results so far...

With no flash installed, IE and Chrome work fine, Firefox, no, so it's no not that good at HTML 5? Opera - nothing!
With Flash installed, IE and Chrome - fine as before, FireFox - still not working well and not loading the flash version, Opera - loads Flash version fine.

I'm enclosing a screen shot of my Pano2VR project window too.

A workaround may be to setup the project so that Flash is loaded by default with a HTML fallback if needed for other browsers. But I'm not exactly sure on how to do this in version 4 of Pano2VR. There isn't a 'Prefer Flash' option in the HTML Output Tab as there is in version 3; only 'Flash fallback player' is this the same thing?

Thanks for any support!
Attachments
Project setup
Project setup
Pano2VR Setup.png (261.27 KiB) Viewed 7049 times
Win 8 with Flash
Win 8 with Flash
WIN 8 with Flash.png (3.52 MiB) Viewed 7049 times
Win 8, no Flash
Win 8, no Flash
WIN 8 no Flash.png (2.98 MiB) Viewed 7049 times
keith@fachwen.org

Problem sorted, thanks Martin. The elusive 'Prefer Flash if available' button' was lower down the scrollable window.... which I hadn't noticed....

So, my tour now works on most browsers on a PC as Flash is used before HTML. HTML 5 works fine on iOS. Customer now very happy!