New window pop-up problem

Q&A about the latest versions
GMStudio

Please help. I am writing again because I do not know how to solve the problem

I use this Java script in area hotspot to open a new window in my panorama:
javascript:window.open('http://www.adobe.com','win','height=200,width=300,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes');void(0);

The new popup window opens, and when I accidentally click with mouse to the panorama (and not close the new window popup) a new window is hidden behind the panorama.
But it would not be a problem if the next object to which I click, open in new window (as in classic HTML pages) but it just will not open. What's the problem?

On Chrome everything works perfectly (new window is always in front of the panorama) but in IE and Firefox is dont work.

Please help for this problem because they can not finish the project that I'm working for one partner. thank you very much
360Texas

just guessing but are all your browsers up todate ?

So much can go in the wrong direction unless we are all on the same page.

Oracale Java 7 update 7 [just noticed that my 10 year old java pano's using PTviewer.jar are not functioning now at all - need to rebuild them]

Chrome 21.x
Safari 5.17
Firefox 16.1
IE 9 (not sure about IE 10 yet)
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

You cannot control this. (Browser windows and how they open be it a new window or new tab).
These are preferences of the persons own computer and their browser settings.
As you have found out even the browser default settings differ.
This why you are better off to use a pop-up layer from within the Pano2VR skin and not open a .html page.

Regards, Smooth 8)
GMStudio

I have Java version 7 update 9. I do not understand what the problem was. If you can explain in more detail.
Thanks
smooth

Java and Javascript are not even related.
Simply, it's not relevant to your pop-up question.

Regards, Smooth 8)
GMStudio

OK, I understand.
Is there some other way, as in this example
http://www.hopkimedia.co.uk/GGS/YTV-EIL/index.html

In this example, if I click on a symbol of fire opened a new window with youtoube film and if you click outside of the film (panorama) new window is lost, but again by clicking on the symbol opens fire. There must be a solution!

By default when I click in my panorama outside the new window, I can´t open a single window again.
GMStudio

That's it for FLASH. Thanks a lot!

But, that template is for swf html, I working with flash and html5 panorama when html5 panorama is first and create html page.
In other words, the html page is not created from a flash option but from html5. Does this mean that I should create two html pages, one for the flash (with flash chromelles popup) and one for html5 (standard).

In my panorama flash option html is disabled. In html5 option html is enabled (with Flash panorama fallback, and prefer Flash if available)

I hope you understood.
bc99

Hi,

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Chr ... p_Template
I downloaded ggt template; Where do I put the ggt file and How do I use it?

Thanks
smooth

A .ggt (Garden Gnome Template) file is a .HTML template for use with Pano2VR.

Basically it is a renamed .html file that is used as a template.

You should install it into your GardenGnome Flash Template folder which is located on a Windows 7 PC:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\GardenGnomeSoftware\Pano2VR\HtmlTemplates\flash

You may need to turn on display Windows hidden folders to be able to see the destination (AppData).
Once installed it will be available as a .html publish option in the selectable dropdown list within Pano2VR.

Regards, Smooth 8)
bc99

Thanks Smooth

I could not sleep, so I found enough info via the site search box .
GMStudio

Does anyone know the answer to a question I ask before:

Chromelles template is for swf html, I working with flash and html5 panorama when html5 panorama is first and create html page.
In other words, the html page is not created from a flash option but from html5. Does this mean that I should create two html pages, one for the flash (with flash chromelles popup) and one for html5 (standard).

In my panorama flash option html is disabled. In html5 option html is enabled (with Flash panorama fallback, and prefer Flash if available)

I hope you understood.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
For HTML5 HTML page.
Put this in between the head tags in your html page:

Code: Select all

<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
                <!--
                function popup(mylink, windowname)
                {
                    if (! window.focus)return true;
                    var href;
                    if (typeof(mylink) == 'string')
                    href=mylink;
                    else
                    href=mylink.href;
                    window.open(href, windowname, 'width=400,height=200,scrollbars=yes');
                    return false;
                }
                //-->
                </SCRIPT>

Then in a text box add:

Code: Select all

<a href="yourpage.html" onClick="return popup(this, 'notes')">my popup</a>
You replace your page.html with your own html page or even put in a link.

This will only work in the HTML5 output but the code you put in the HTML page will not stop Flash from working, it just wont show the popup, so you will need two skins, one with the HTML5 actions and one with the Flash actions.

Also see: http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linking ... pp_72.html

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
GMStudio

I see. The problem is that I have hundreds of new windows and I must create a duplicate html pages (one for users and one flash to html5).

Is posible put in the html (where is flash) insert a "redirect" script that would automatically redirect user to html5 page?
I tried the options for html5 "Flash panorama (fllback)" instead of eg "room1.swf" throw "room1.html" but redirect failed.

Thanks a lot