Pano2VR 4 not aligning on Firefox n Explorer

Q&A about the latest versions
Affendy

Hi all,
my HTML5 with "Flash fall back" panos work Greatl in iOS, safari and chrome but they don't align correctly or just don't play in Firefox. Here's the link
www.fnd-fnd.com/media/cordes

Is it Pano2VR Beta 4 ? Do I have to redo the Flash version apart ?
Thanks for ur inputs

Affendy
smooth

Displays fine for me in Firefox and Opera on PC.
Is your Firefox browser up to date?

Regards, Smooth 8)
Affendy

Hi Smooth, hmm No problem on mine ;-) but on some Firefox… they see only the bottom pix and some don't quite align on the seams ;-(
My panos have sort of parallax errors ! while they absolute have none.
Is it better to force "prefer flash when available" ? I never had that problem with my Flash panos on version 3.
I actually had this problem on my firefox when I output [ using Pano2VR 4 ] the HTML5 and Flash panos together with "Create All"
Doing it individually ; Create the Flash and HTML5 apart, did rectify the panos on my Firefox.

It works wonder though on ios devices ;-)

Best regards,
Affendy
Affendy

the misaligned seams : even on safari ;-(
Attachments
The misaligned seam
The misaligned seam
seam1.png (138.81 KiB) Viewed 8274 times
360Texas

Using PC Vista, and IE 9

Yes I do see the alignment issue. The alignments appear to be along the cube face tile joins.

Just thinking .... Using Pano2vr 4b2 /multiresolution\ I remember seeing

Flash Output /multiresolution\ tab "Overlap: [x] 1 pixel overlap " I think it is selected as default setting

You might look at your project file and see if the 1 pixel overlap is enabled.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Affendy

Hey Dave ;-) I'm not using Multiresolution. Just externalize panos due to the 5 scenes.
I'll try doing it your way.
TIA

Affendy
Bostjan

I have got same "puzzled" image on Firefox...
Judy-A

I’m on Mac OS 10.6.8.

I see the tile misalignment in Opera. No problems in Firefox, Safari, or Chrome.

Judy
Affendy

Hello again. I'm trying out another option… or rather uncheck this option. I was too bold trying out things I don't understand well. ;-)
Might this be the problem ?
Attachments
Smart "guy" option ? ;-)
Smart "guy" option ? ;-)
smart loading.png (8.74 KiB) Viewed 8258 times
smooth

You are confusing issues.

Yes, I see the cube face alignment issue. But only when the Flash version is showing. It is NOT browser dependent, but Flash vs HTML5 :evil: versions.
You didn't make this clear in your original post.

Have you "externalized" the cube faces?
Second to that are the Flash cube faces and the HTML5 :evil: being called from the same directory or different directories?

This is starting to become a common issue where people are externalizing to the same named folder "images" with the same file names and one published output is overwriting the other.
Thus incorrect images are being called. Doesn't help that the GUI is defaulting to "images" the Flash version should default to something other than what the HTML5 :evil: defaults to.

On a personal side note: There is no way in the world would I make HTML5 :evil: the preference.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Judy-A

Affendy wrote:Hello again. I'm trying out another option… or rather uncheck this option. I was too bold trying out things I don't understand well. ;-)
Might this be the problem ?
Hi Affendy,

We are all looking forward to some comprehensive documentation. It would save a lot of trial and error.

Smart loading is used to load a project that was previously saved. It will load only the preview image, if one is present.

See this message by Thomas:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 766#p29498
Pano2VR generates the preview images on startup, but only if they are not present (or older then the source image) and no multi res images. when you save the project you should have a input_image_name.preview.jpg next to your panorama image (if the save preview image is enabled in the settings). The next time you open Pano2VR it will check for the preview file and load it, if it is present, so there will not be a rescale. If you also enable "smart loading" in the setting it will not load the full image on startup, only when it is needed. With these two options you can open an old giga pixel project within a split second!
Judy
Affendy

Hi again & again, mea culpa ;-)
It wasn't thinking straight after 2 days of retrying. The thing is the panos errors are random. Some on Firefox and some on safari… be it OSX or Windows. Only iOS devices render the panos correctly ! ;-)

Ok here's my output folders image and my new test link. I have a fall back folder named Flash to keep things apart.
File output HTML5 & Flash [ fall back ] with multi res.
Interpolation filter : Lancos 2

http://www.fnd-fnd.com/media/cordes2

Thanks all for the inputs. Appreciate lots ;-)
Attachments
folders.png
folders.png (19.8 KiB) Viewed 8252 times
smooth

Your address:
http://www.fnd-fnd.com/media/cordes2/
Fails to find the Flash panorama. It is looking for cordes_out.swf which is NOT in this directory. Via a HTML5 :evil: enabled browser we see the HTML5 :evil: version.

This address shows your Flash file without alignment error:
http://www.fnd-fnd.com/media/cordes2/fl ... es_out.swf

You should name the cube faces different between the Flash and HTML5 :evil: versions. Otherwise you are likely to have browser "Cache" issues.

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

If you view (your original) Flash version within the HTML wrapper you get the alignment cube face error.
http://www.fnd-fnd.com/media/cordes/

View the same Flash file without the HTML and there is no problem.
http://www.fnd-fnd.com/media/cordes/fla ... es_out.swf

Regards, Smooth 8)
Affendy

Smooth. Thanks a mighty for checking up. I'm redoing my panos again ;-)