javascript conflict in Safari

Q&A about the latest versions
jmcilvaine

Hi!

I had posted earlier about including video in my tour. Well after weighing my options I decided to include a virtual tour, video and a photo gallery in separate "panels". This will work out nicely for what I want (Real Estate Tours) and lets each component do what it does best.

I am using jquery UI Tabbed Panels. I put together a quick demo tour "skin" that has the Virtual Pano2VR Tour, a video and a photo gallery each in a tabbed panel. I will be adding additional tabs for property details, maybe a location map and contact form and a "tools" tab for mortgage calculator, share to facebook, twitter, etc.

I tested this on IE9, Chrome, FIrefox and Safari. Everything worked fine except with Safari. The tabs will not work. If I remove the tour, everything is fine so I am assuming there is come kind of conflict with the jQuery tabs and swfobject.js. I also tried Spry tabs and another javascript tab plugin and had the same issue, so it is not just with jQuery UI.

I tested this on a Windows 7 64 bit machine so I dont know if it is an issue with just the WIndows version of Safari or IOS as well. If it is just an issue with Windows I am not too concerned since less than 2% of WIndows users use Safari as their primary browser, but if it is a problem with Mac users, then it becomes a problem.

Before anyone suggests just creating separate pages, I don not want to do that. I don't want to have to reload the each time a tab is clicked. Here is the demo:

http://www.inmotionrems.com/tourdemo5.html
360Texas

On PC Vista IE9:
the Virtual Tour AND the movie worked great.. stunning photography and narration.

But on the Photo Gallary I get an Err that reads:
Fatal Err: Could not extract a stage height from CSS. Traced height: 0px

Maybe there is a HEIGHT error in your CSS. Right now its not high enough at 0 pixels.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
jmcilvaine

Thanks for your reply Texas!

Did you view that with Safari? If so IOS or Windows? That "fatal error" is a little bug with the gallery player that I have to fix, but I have the solution. More important to me is that the tabs work on Safari. I think this set up works best for RE tours. It let's P2VR do what it does best. A plus is that I can use a true full screen toggle on the VT, video and photo gallery, so it should provide a really nice experience for viewers with large screens.

I'd love to take credit for the photos, but they are not mine. I purchased a skin from Arturo at 360Panotours:

http://skins.360panotours.com/skins.html

I am going to buy a couple more skinks from Arturo and some of Hopki's as well. I think the best way for me to learn this software is to do a little "reverse engineering". Plus Hopki contributes so much to this board that I feel guilty not "giving back"... :wink:

I'm shooting to have a finished marketable product by the end of the month. Right now I use a cloud-based tour building systems which is OK, but I want to give my clients something really unique and a little more "high end". I need to build "branded" and "unbranded" versions of my skin to comply with MLS rules. Basically the MLS skin will just be images and the branded will have agent photo, contact info, link to website, link to other tours, etc along with some "tools", etc.

All I need to move forward is to resolve this conflict issue with the tabs in Safari. If it working in IOS I really wont worry about Safari on Windows as it is such a small percentage of users...But it has to work with Safari IOS!

Joe
360Texas

As mentioned above that critique was done using PC and IE9 [with Flash plugin]

Tried the link using Desktop Safari

with security plug-in's turned off.
No pano, no movie, no gallary.

With security plug-in's turned on = Enabled plugin-s, Enabled Java, Enabled JavaScript and Block pop-up windows
Pano works but it is using Flash no movie no err msg, no gallary = Err msg.

regarding a work around.. not sure... never tried this before.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
jmcilvaine

Sorry Texas...overlooked that.

This issue with the tabs is driving me nuts!!!..lol. I tried the jQuery noConflict() and a few other solutions but still cant figure it out. I know there is a workaround, just was hoping it would be a bit easier to find/figure out. If anyone reading has a Mac, could you please have a look and let me know if you have an issue with tabs? Thanks!

http://www.inmotionrems.com/tourdemo5.html

If this works on a Mac I am not going to kill myself trying to fix the issue since very few PC users use Safari.
jmcilvaine

Ahhh haaa,

Turns out it was my bad...Safari needs an HTML5 file, the flash file is what caused the problem...now I can proceed!