720º panorama, is this possible in Pano2VR?

Q&A about the latest versions
Judy-A

I just tried the node transition timer in P2VR Pro 4 b2 . The transition works, but there’s no provision that I can find to set the position of the next pano to current or any other pan/tilt/fov. Unless there’s a way to use this feature to switch to the $cur position, it won’t work for day/night transitions.

One can still put buttons on the skin to allow the user to trigger the transition with Mouse Click -> Open Next Panorama. In that case you specify the position with $cur.

One thing to keep in mind with current-position transitions is that if the pano is auto-rotating, the previous pano stops rotation while the current one fades in rotating. The two positions don’t match. If you use a skin button to enable the transition, you’re able to stop rotation on the same mouse click.

Judy Arndt
--
Pano2VR Pro 4 beta2
Mac Pro Quad Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS 10.6.8
kris

so the request for this feature:
my suggestion is to add this to the auto node change feature with pan north as the starting point or reference point & switches automatically to next or previous node while dragging the mouse manually(like krpano example).If we move to left go to prev node & move to right go to next node from Zero degrees.this way it would look similar or great than KRpano example.& there should be no nodes limit for this feature. this way its great feature. hope this becomes the feature list of pano2vr 4.x

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/bt/view.php?id=551
DemonDuck

kris wrote:so the request for this feature:
my suggestion is to add this to the auto node change feature with pan north as the starting point or reference point & switches automatically to next or previous node while dragging the mouse manually(like krpano example).If we move to left go to prev node & move to right go to next node from Zero degrees.this way it would look similar or great than KRpano example.& there should be no nodes limit for this feature. this way its great feature. hope this becomes the feature list of pano2vr 4.x
I'll vote for this.
360vr_nl

I'd rather would like a selectable reference point and not North.
It is not always logical in a 720º panorama to switch at the North point as in some panoramas your initial view doesn't start at North either.

Karel
kris

I'd rather would like a selectable reference point and not North.
It is not always logical in a 720º panorama to switch at the North point as in some panoramas your initial view doesn't start at North either.
Karel its not a 720º panorama & no such panorama exits, its only a 360º panorama in the example of Krpano but the logic is it switches from one panorama to another at a particular point or say at 360º or 0º and its evident from the sample source file. I wonder how a company like Krpano is fooling people by putting "krpano.com - 720° Pano Blending Example" heading.

Regards,
kris
360vr_nl

I am fully aware of that, kris, but I couldn't find a better way to describe it in short.

Karel