[P2VR Pro4b2 Mac] Text at scroll bar needs padding

Q&A about the latest versions
Judy-A

I’m delighted to see the text scroll bar included in version 4.

Is it possible to add some padding between the scroll bar and the text? As it displays on my machine at least, the text flows too close to the bar to be attractive. I didn’t format the text in these screen shots in any way.

Judy Arndt
--
Pano2VR Pro 4 beta2
Mac Pro Quad Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS 10.6.8
Attachments
text_scroll_padding2.jpg
text_scroll_padding2.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 4409 times
text_scroll_padding.jpg
text_scroll_padding.jpg (40.84 KiB) Viewed 4409 times
Hopki
Gnome

Please see Issue #586
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
thomas
Chief Gnome

I have looked into this, and you can add padding with the border. Just make the border color the same as the background and make the border as wide, as you like to have the padding.
MfG, Thomas
Judy-A

thomas wrote:I have looked into this, and you can add padding with the border. Just make the border color the same as the background and make the border as wide, as you like to have the padding.
Hi Thomas,

Just tested this. It works as long as the background is a solid color and the text border is a solid color.

However, if the background is an image or has a semi-transparent fill, then you would want the text border to have an alpha of zero. With alpha set to zero, a text border does not work as padding.

Judy
thomas
Chief Gnome

As the scrollbars also caused other problems, I wrote now my own for beta3 and the they will have a 1px padding.
MfG, Thomas
Judy-A

I’m glad you revisited this. I’ll be very interested to see what you’ve come up with.

One pixel may not be enough. It would be desirable to have a margin between text and scroll bar of at least one letter-space (an n-space or m-space in typesetting terms). I would think four or five pixels should be the minimum, but it’s hard to judge without seeing the results.

Judy
smooth

+1

4 pixels is required.

Regards, Smooth 8)