audio ogg file in html5

Q&A about the latest versions
zoomhome

I was reading this post http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... ml5#p25912
and understand and can get audio to run as a background sound in Firefox by adding in the mp3 converted to .ogg but can't seem to figure how to add it into a skin to have a button launch both the mp3 file (works fine) and a .ogg file so that Firefox plays it when a button is clicked. How do I get that into the skin? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ Addie
Zoomhome
smooth

In "Panorama Media Editor">Media Settings>Media Type: Audio
Add your ID: music_01
Filename: music.mp3
Alternate: music.ogg

Regards, Smooth 8)
zoomhome

No I understand that and have been able to make that work. My client asked me if I could not have it launch right away and have an audio button to fire the audio. I can get that to work with MP3s but can't figure how to add in the .ogg file as the skin editor does not see to recognize that format.

Russ
smooth

Whatever "ID" you have given the audio is your target. Simply type this ID in as the target instead of _main or _background.
You do NOT add the audio file itself to the skin. The audio file is via the Media Editor.

Example you have a button on your skin to Play/Pause "audio" media

Source: Mouse Click>Action: Play/Pause>Loop: 1>Target: music_01

This is where music_01 is the "ID" of the targeted audio track you wish to control with a button action.

It will automatically serve up .mp3 or .ogg depending on the browser requirements. (so long as both file formats have been entered via the media editor - one as the main .mp3 and the Alternate file as .ogg) as previously discussed.

Regards, Smooth 8)
zoomhome

Ok I see what you are talking about and now have the audio so that clicking the button will make it play / pause and have figured that I need to have -1 so that it doesn't auto launch. So that all seems good. One question, when I look at the video explaining the media editor it has areas where you can change the ID and the Mode but mine is always greyed out and says _background... How can I change that if I have more then one audio like they use in the demo. Seems that I can't do anything with either of these areas (ID or MODE)as they say _background and static. Do I need a hot spot added first or something to be able to change these? I only have one audio in this project but may have others in one I am designing.

Thanks so much,

Russ Addie
Zoomhome
smooth

zoomhome wrote:One question, when I look at the video explaining the media editor it has areas where you can change the ID and the Mode but mine is always greyed out and says _background... How can I change that if I have more then one audio like they use in the demo. Seems that I can't do anything with either of these areas (ID or MODE)as they say _background and static. Do I need a hot spot added first or something to be able to change these? I only have one audio in this project but may have others in one I am designing.
You first must "double click" in the panorama to add the area for the media to be placed. Once you do this, you will be presented with a browse window to your media file.
After selection the areas you speak of with no longer be grayed out.

The reason for placing the media in the panorama scene is so you can control the properties of directional sound etc, where the centre of sound should be.

Regards, Smooth 8)
zoomhome

Hey that works!!! I had watched the video a number of times hoping to pick up on where I missed a step, but when you watch it they show it open up as soon as you click the modify button in the media area and never double click which is what messed me up.

Thanks for the help Smooth, saves me from racking my brain more then I already do.

Russ Addie
Zoomhome