Tour with a mix with Gigapans

Q&A about the latest versions
Vestland

P2VR PRo 4.0 b2:
I am working on a 20 pics tour (html5/flash fallback) which is working great, using a map as the selector. However, I have promised the customer to incorporate a few Gigapans as well. How do I accomplish that? I guess I have to make the Gigapans in a separate P2VR window and upload the files to the server separately. But how do I link from the map in the pics to the Gigapans and back? Can somebody please rescue me ?
JimWatters

I experimented with 3 Gigapans cylindrical panoramas of various sizes in a tour.
I created the tour with all three pans included. Made sure the FoV for each was correct. North was correct. Each had it info and default view.
Only set one smallish generic set tiles to be generated So I could see a preview.
I did not include any tiles in the swf file.
The paths to the tiles need to be correct.
I did not make any html5 version. But did generate html file.

I then generated the tiles of each Gigapan separately.
Each was a different size so figured out the best tile size and levels separately.
In the example I did not set to preload or predecode the last level but it is probably better.
Generated all the tiles and html file for each.

Modify the tour html file so it uses the definition of the tiles generated by each of the separately generated html files.

Code: Select all

panorama+='<input cylinder="1" width="80000" height="36509" leveltilesize="625" levelbias="0.4" overlap="1" leveltileurl="Saint_John/Marsh_Creek_0_tiles/c%c_l%r_%y_%x.jpg" levelmemraw="300" levelmembmp="200" levelqueueraw="20" levelqueuebmp="5" >';
panorama+='<level width="80000" height="36509" embed="0" preload="0" predecode="0" />';
panorama+='<level width="40000" height="18254" embed="0" preload="0" predecode="0" />';
panorama+='<level width="20000" height="9127" embed="0" preload="0" predecode="0" />';
panorama+='<level width="10000" height="4563" embed="0" preload="0" predecode="0" />';
panorama+='<level width="5000" height="2281" embed="0" preload="0" predecode="0" />';
panorama+='<level width="2500" height="1140" embed="0" preload="0" predecode="0" />';
panorama+='</input>';
If you have HTML5 option available for other nodes of the tour then you probably should have something for gigapans even if it is a preview that mentions to use Flash to enjoy the ultra high resolution of this pano.

I consider this a bug that each pano in the tour can not have its own tile settings. It would also be nice to drop previously created .p2vr files onto the tour project. This would combine tours into one project.
Hopki
Gnome

@ Vestland,
For the moment you would need to use separate project files as before and link the SWF files.
However this will be fixed in a future version of V4 Pro.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Vestland

Hopki wrote:@ Vestland,
For the moment you would need to use separate project files as before and link the SWF files.
However this will be fixed in a future version of V4 Pro.
Regards,
Hopki
Hi Hopki
My problem is that I dont´t know how to link to to a specific html5-pano in an automatically produced html5-tour (with flash fallback). I got the impression that this was possible, but required tinkering with some html-file somewhere. If that is not possible, I´ll have to redo the tour and make separate html5-pages that I can link to.
I am really looking forward to the update that solves this problem :-)
Keep up the good work!
JimWatters

I am working on a tour with multiple gigapixel panoramas. I upgraded to 4.1 pro
The panoramas have various resolutions.
I don't see how to adjust the size and the number of tiles of each VR separately.
What if i created each VR separately and added the project files to the tour instead of the images?

I don't want to have to edit the html file each time I add to or modify the tour.

Jim Watters
360Texas

Are your gigapanoramas cylinder or spherical ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JimWatters

They are all full 360 spherical.
Ranging from 50k to 300k pixels wide.
I want to be able to add more even higher resolution gigapixel panos to the tour in the future.
Jim
360Texas

Never worked with giga Pan's before. Not sure this will work.

Try drag and dropping your panoramas into the Tour Browser. I think Pano2vr is smart enough to develop the different proper tile sizes.

Maybe you can add a Flash multi-res and HTML5 output for each pano.

Click on pano 1 create Flash and HTML5 outputs add your multi-res values.
Click on pano 2 create Flash and HTML5 outputs add add your multi-res values.
Click on pano 3 create Flash and HTML5 outputs add add your multi-res values.

IF you have 3 Pano's you should have 3 flash and HTML5 output showing.

etc

File name conventions and paths to folders might have to be worked out on paper first.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
JimWatters

Creating the tiles needed for the Flash output separately for each of the panos is an option to get the correct size and number of tiles made. Also Saving the html file for later reference with a different name. Because the html file will contain the schema used for tiling.

But with a tour separate html and swf file are not created for each node. All nodes are inside the file.

When creating the tour, on the multiresolution tab, unchecking generate files so none of the tiles get overridden. I have to do a similar thing to add Regions of Interest that have much higher resolution.

I assume the swf will be similar to the html file. They will be populated with one schema that defines the size and layout of tiles. That one schema will be repeated for each panos. The hot spots will be different for each node.

If you have ever generated the tiles for a panorama then modified it but unchecked generate tiles, then you will get an idea of the problem this produces.

This schema can be overridden in the html file. But this file will be overridden each time the project is created. The modifications will be needed again each time the tour is created. I did this back 8 months a go as a proof of concept. I was hoping the GUI would catch up to what was possible. This also means that the swf file cannot be distributed as the main source to access the entire tour.

I upgraded to pro to enable making tours easier. If I have to edit the html file anyway to make the tour work there is not much use.
360Texas

Snap.. trap.

Well you initially asked a simple question.

It is nice to finally understand the full scope of your needs.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

This is in the to do list.
Please see Issue #565
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Vestland

Hi
I am eagerly awaiting the solution to this.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
For now you could produce each giga pan with its own HTML page and a skin with a history back button.
From your Pano2VR Pro Tour the map just needs to link to the gaga pans HTML page with target _self.

The back button just needs the action:

Code: Select all

Mouse Click => Go To URL => URL: javascript:window.history.back() => Target: leave blank
The Pro tour will open and you can navigate to all your nodes as normal. When you open the map you will be able to click the link to the giga pan. As it has a target _self the pano will be replaced with the giga pano.
The back button will reopen the pro tour but back at the first node.

If your linking from a node rather than a map, then rather than have the history back code in the URL you could use Direct Node access in the Pro tour then the back button could have the URL with the direct node access extension.
See Tip.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Vestland

Thank you!