V4 Beta 2 - Viewing pinned video in media editor ?

Q&A about the latest versions
Boothy

Hi

The change log for Beta 2 suggests that you can now see video content in media editor, is this correct - The mp4 files I am using (unless I have an incorrect format) just shows the same red\black chequer as per beta 1. If it is an incorrect video format , I could really do with some advice about what should be the preferred mp4 format,even some basic setup guides for handbrake.

Thanks in advance

Boothy

Sorry: Using windows 7 64 bit
video-preview1.jpg
video-preview1.jpg (129.53 KiB) Viewed 6623 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Boothy,

In Beta2 you have a new tab found in the programs setting/preferences called FFmpeg.
Click on the link "For More Info click Here" then download for your computer.
Put it in a safe place in your computer and then link to it using the Choose button.

What this will do is extract a frame out of the video so it can be shown when pinning.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Boothy

Many Thanks ,I will try later

Boothy
Boothy

Hi Hopki

I have downloaded the `64 bit static and shared versions`from the link,extracted and have directed via browse to the ffmpeg.exe within the bin sub folder (I have placed all downloaded folders in `my documents`), is this correct ? I still cannot see any `preview` Does the ffmpeg file run automatically ? should I be doing anything else ? Do I have to pin the generated frame manually ?

Thanks again

Boothy
Terry

Hi Boothy,

I have downloaded the `64 bit static and shared versions`from the link,extracted etc,etc
I still cannot see any `preview`

I'm in the same boat, sorry I can't be any help, I would dearly like to know how to implement it myself.

Terry
Boothy

Hi Terry

Apparently in worked in testing but does not work now (PC version - not sure about Mac), Hopki is aware of it . I presume it will be fixed in next beta.

Regards

Boothy
smooth

I cannot get it to work either (PC). Never could.

Also I can't even get Video to work (at all). I get sound from the Video but never any picture. Can somebody provide me with validation that the PC 32 or 64 bit actually works? Provide a small video (footage/file) that is known to work? I've tried so many formats .mp4, .avi, .flv etc What formats are supported?

Driving me nuts!

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Should be working for next beta release, however the shape of the checker box should be the right size for the video?
When testing on Windows 7 64 bit build it was the right size and I could still pin the video but just did not see a frame from the video.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Boothy

Hi Smooth

Please find attached sample mp4 video I have tested to work in flash and some android devices. I produced this by rendering video to quicktime movie in PS CS6 and then converting with handbrake. The file is 416x208 @30 frames produced with web omtimised option and audio track removed. Various profiles seem to work in Handbrake regarding standard desktop flash output.

I know you are mega experienced, but do you have a copy of video in output folder ? . Although there is an option for including video within SWF file I am not convinced this is occuring (I have not tested thoroughly) But the videos sometimes do not seem to work if there is not a copy in the output folder ( I am not toattally certain of this - I have tried so many variables - I am loosing it a bit!). I have also noticed that if I am using\modding an old tour the video has not copied to output folder. I am still not quite sure why this occurs. On all videos I have tried the option to `externalise` is always greyed out and presume this is default.

Regards

Boothy

Edit: The videos do not appear if not copied to output folder with Internet Explorer and local storage (via html not a flash player), I will test with uploaded sample later after doing my day job. Boothy
Attachments
vrisecube1.mp4
(188.19 KiB) Downloaded 1412 times
Last edited by Boothy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boothy

Hi Smooth

Please also find attached `Flying Birds` sample from Android Test uploaded last week.

Boothy
Attachments
Bird Fly7-1.mp4
(27.21 KiB) Downloaded 1392 times
smooth

Thanks Boothy,

Yes, I had the file structure right. Everything in place as it should. But I couldn't get video to play.
I have downloaded and tested yours (thank you) and it works fine so obviously I need to find the correct output.
I don't play MAC so the your software isn't suitable for me. I'm just glad to know it actually works!

It would be nice to know what is and isn't expected as far as file type and bit rate etc.
This is part of the issue when developers are playing MAC but offering the product for a more popular platform.

The placement of files (method) is still lacking and I hope we see an improvement to this also. It should be as simple as place the corners.
No need for anything else.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Boothy

Hi Smooth

I do not play MAC either , I use a PC version of photoshop and Handbrake is a free Pc based video converter

link: http://downloadhandbrake.com/

Boothy
Boothy

If not corner placement\distortion at least x & y numeric input similar to rotation options

Boothy
smooth

Thanks Boothy,

I wasn't aware of Handbrake and assumed it must have been MAC based. My mistake due to failure to investigate (and typically very unlike me!).
Anyway my bad and lesson learnt. :oops:

I have now used DVD Ranger 4 to convert my movies to H264 .mp4 format for iDevice. This seems to work fine.

Now if we could sort out the video placement method to something more intuitive ....
This before the next logical request, that is to be able to add a mask over the top of the video to either A) change it's shape or B) add a transparent/translucent image over the top to add say a reflection or shadow. This also would be ideal to clean up the video (jagged) edges.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Tong