Mixing multires panos with non multires problem

Q&A about the latest versions
Lvilleneuve

I have to add a panorama to an existing set of panoramas. The new panorama has a different resolution then the one already in this library of panos 12,500 vs 7,000 for the old ones.

How can I get all the pixels from the 12,500 pix pano without having to use the multi resolution option? My observations bring me to the conclusion that 2 Flash files, one with multi resolution ON and the other one with the option OFF give different quality. The non-multi resolution shows a lower quality. Actually, the only way to get the full resolution of the image is to output a flash file with multi resolution to ON.

I use multi resolution as much as I can but actually, mixing panos at 7,500 pix (non multires) and 12,500 pix (multires) does not seems to work. I end up with strange behavior. Can it be done? Images at the bottom of this email.

So far, that's what I tried...
Create a multiresolution version of the panos done with D3s. Tile size seems to matter, it didn't worked. Of course, the width of images in the levels were different.

I then said, I am going to point the HTML file instead of the .swf file to «reset» all the settings of the multi resolution pano. So I use the code "../../hall/fr/index.html" in the text property of the skin. The relative path coding did not worked. The pano seems to load on the background but I never saw it. Can it be done without hard coding the final URL in the actions?

Does a non-multi resolution flash file can show as many pixels as the one with the MR

Thanks for your light!

Luc
Flash multires file
Flash multires file
highResolution.jpg (146.95 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
Flash without multires option selected
Flash without multires option selected
LowResolution.jpg (121.54 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
Multires pano loaded from a non multires pano
Multires pano loaded from a non multires pano
NoResolution.jpg (59.22 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Luc,
If using version 3 or 4 beta and separate p2vr files this should not make any difference as each panorama is built as an individual.
All you do is just link to the swf in the hotspot editor, the other thing to remember is to use the second file naming convention in the multi-resolution tab if you have more than one multi-resolution output otherwise you will overwrite files.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Lvilleneuve

I do work with the latest revision of version 3. I also have version 4 but I haven't use it for my commercial work yet.

I do not use hot spots to link panos. Here is my interface. Here is the link...
http://www.360-image.com/temp/sccq/version2/hall/en

If you look at the next URL, you will see that same Flash image but next link is more defined.
www.360-image.com/360/architecture

So what can I do with your advice on hotspot?

Thank

Luc
Attachments
Menu.jpg.jpg
Menu.jpg.jpg (78.36 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
Lvilleneuve

This is for an html5 AND Flash panoramas.

Thanks