Skin images + Flash file size

Q&A about the latest versions
frodo

Hi!
Two issues to mention.
1. I could not externalize the skin images. I did tick the "Externalize" "Skin images" window in the Flash Output and despite that it created the images folder and generate the images in it the panoramas did not show them. Is there anything else that has to be done?
2. It was explained in another post the issue about the new way of showing the size of the created html5 file which is understandable btw, but now when externalizing the Panorama Images and the Skin images the resulting size of the flash output shows only the one of the swf file.

Regards, Martin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Martin,
The externalise skin images thing was picked up a while back and is fixed, so it will work in the next beta release.
The file size reporting of the SWF is correct, with the images removed this is the size of the SWF file.

This is a good point however, but I think it was done this way be cause of Pro and the tour builder, it puts all the outputs in one SWF file so for a multi node tour it would be huge.
Thats why in the Flash output there is the option to externalise the images so you don't have to download the full tour before you can start to see it.

Will run this past Thomas to see if there is a way of reporting the size of each node as well as the tour.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Tong

is it possible to have option to have separate swf for each node?

for example: we making tour for hotel and also separate swf files will be iframed in pages of suites with ability to navigate trought all tour.
with 4 pro it`s problematic, i think.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tong
For now what you should be able to do is externalise all the panorama images, then in the tour builder right button click and set the start position of the tour.
Build the project and output the SWF and HTML page. Rename them then select a new start position and output, keep doing this for every node.
You should end up with a SWF for each node and its HTML page.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
frodo

Hi!
Thanks for your answers.
Hopki, I understand the reason of the reduced swf file size when outputting the images in a separate folder, the same as in html5.
In another post you wrote:
"In the HTML5 output Pano2VR V3.x only showed the file size of the XML file, we thought it better for version 4.x to show the actual folder size and all images in the folder."
Why not use the same criteria for both or am I missing something?
Congratulations for this new version, hard work and support.

Thanks again,
Martin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Martin,
As said this was a good point, I have bug tracked this as I think it would be better to try and show the individual panorama size as well as perhaps the final folder size please see Issue #537
Think what the folder size would be with a multi node, multi resolution tour...
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tong,
Sorry you cant see this one.
Will remove the link, but the suggestion should still work.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com