Pano2VR Pro beta

Q&A about the latest versions
Tong

cool! waiting next beta

----
if pro version unbranded, html5 have brand link Created with Pano2VR with right click,
it can be hidded, but can it be change to mine logo and link?
Hopki
Gnome

if pro version unbranded, html5 have brand link Created with Pano2VR with right click,
it can be hidded, but can it be change to mine logo and link?
Not yet, please see Issue #424

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Tong

also url in borwser can move to specific panorama in tour?
Vestland

Hopki wrote:Hi,
Yes version 4 has the Simplex skin with markertemplate.
I am hopeless, but I can not find the skin mentioned. I even reinstalled P2VR v4b having renamed the skin folder in the ~/Library/Application support/GardenGnome Software and moved it to the desktop. A new Skin folder was installed by the application, but there is no content (nor any templates in the html5 templates folder). What do I do wrong?
Last edited by Vestland on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tong

:)
Attachments
simplex.zip
(21.2 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Vestland,
With Pano2VR version 4.x

Go to the default directory found in the programs setting/preferences, rename the skins folder to skins_old or similar.
Just so the Skins folder no longer exists.
Close Pano2VR, then reopen it. version 4 will remake the folder with all the skins.
This is the same for all the HTML templates.

Beta 1, If the folder already exists Pnao2VR V4.x will not create any new files.
The next beta will allow you to have the folder, but if it has any files in it will not output however if it is empty it will add the files to the folder.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Vestland

Hopki wrote: With Pano2VR version 4.x
Go to the default directory found in the programs setting/preferences, rename the skins folder to skins_old or similar.
Just so the Skins folder no longer exists.
Close Pano2VR, then reopen it. version 4 will remake the folder with all the skins.
This is the same for all the HTML templates.
OK, Thank you. That set me on the right track. However, the html-templates was not installed. But everything was installed in the Application Support Folder when I first deleted the two GardenGnome files in the Preferences folder (com.gardengnomesoftware.Pano2VR.plist.lockfile og com.gardengnomesoftware.Pano2VR.plist), restarted Pano2VR an re-registered the software.
Now on to the actual work!
--
Elfinn
AntiochInteractive

I would hope that this problem gets fixed... I had something similar happen in the past in a v3.x distro...

I think that the new Simplex should have a new name and that files should be replaced unless the CRC doesn't match.
---
Chris Hickman
ANTIOCH INTERACTIVE MEDIA
http://www.antiochwebhost.com
http://www.metroplex360.com
keith@fachwen.org

Hi, I've only been using Pano2VR for a few days and I've used the video to help build my own multi-node tour in V4 Pro. It all works really well, and I'm really impressed with what it can do, but....

The video doesn't explain how to do the "point hotspots that face the direction of travel". They are there in the project files we can download, but I can't figure out how to edit or update my skin to do the same. Any tips gratefully received.

I've searched the documentation as far as I can, though with so many different 'help' sections on the website it's all a bit confusing, all to no avail.

I think I've worked out how to set North correctly from the 'Viewing Parameters'. I've also managed to get the red compass dot to move in a circle, but it's always in the same place on the map!!

Any help greatfully received :D

My 1st attempt at a tour here:

http://www.fachwen.org/beacon

Not finished yet!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
In the building a tour in under 5 minutes video it shows how to point the tour.
Time index 1:05, you see the red circle being clicked and a window popup showing the view you will have when you arrive. This is the pointing, click the green arrow to follow the hotspot and the next node will open with the view you just set. You see each node having the opening view of the next changed, in some locations perhaps only by a small amount but in others far more as the video shows hotspot being placed so you can travel around the tour in a clock wise and counter clock wise direction.

This is also explained in the first beta release video at time index 3:55.

For the compass please see: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... =13&t=7644

I know that with the new beta there are lots of new and as yet undocumented features but please be bear with us as we want to get most of the annoying bugs fixed then we will make a series of videos showing each new feature and how to use it.

This will be until the web sites main User Guide section is updated and new better Tutorials are made.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Vestland

[quote=

Code: Select all

Mouse Click => Open Next Panorama => URL: {node2} => Target xxxxx
However there is a better solution in the next beta. :)
...[/quote]

Thanks for the new beta! And the better solution is ? :-)
Tong

choose from list ;-)

but i mean link in url in browser to specific panorama, with one swf for all tour it`s not possible i think
Vestland

Tong wrote:choose from list ;-)

but i mean link in url in browser to specific panorama, with one swf for all tour it`s not possible i think
Thank you, Tong, but if you are right, that is a major disappointment. Many tour owners would like to give a customer the url to a specific picture in the tour, not just to the starting picture and then leave the customer to find the picture he should see. Is there a solution in the works for this?
Tong

+1
thomas
Chief Gnome

Vestland wrote:
Tong wrote:choose from list ;-)

Thank you, Tong, but if you are right, that is a major disappointment. Many tour owners would like to give a customer the url to a specific picture in the tour, not just to the starting picture and then leave the customer to find the picture he should see. Is there a solution in the works for this?
You can already do this, but for the moment it need some tinkering in the HTML page. See Issue #536. For Flash you need to add a flash variable with the start node:

flashvars.startnode='node3';
or in HTML5 you need to set the start node before you load the XML

pano.startNode='node3';
If you link within Pano2VR to a tour swf/xml you can set a forth parameter (after pan/tilt/fov) with a specific start node, so for example:
url: nexttour.swf target:0/0/70/node3
We will make a more detailed documentation page for this, but I hope this information helps to get you started.
MfG, Thomas