Pano2VR Pro beta

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The Equirec Preview size effects the quality of the cylinder.
However the preview would have been made with the previous setting. To change the preview image change the Equirec setting then click Select Input then OK.
This will remove the old image and now will use the new higher quality one. Note you will not see the new preview image in the folder until you click save.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

JimWatters wrote: After adding several nodes, when I delete all the levels from Multiresolution and add a new level the default size is only 3050 when it should be 44000. 3050 happens to be the the tallest height of the three nodes I am testing.
Jim
Hi Jim,
Have you made sure you have selected to make the cube faces in the multi res tab?
Also the levels are taken from the first node.
regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
JimWatters

Hopki wrote: Have you made sure you have selected to make the cube faces in the multi res tab?
Also the levels are taken from the first node.
I do not see any setting for "cube faces" on multi res tab. I am using cylindrical as projection because I can adjust the FoV eventhough they were generated as Equirectangular. The VFoV is so small it does not realy matter.
I verified again starting a new project.
Added first node the first tile size is generated correctly to the pano width.
Added a second node and the tile size is now the first node's height.

Checking the first tab on Flash Output, "Settings" the first cylindrical added "Tile Settings" is Cylinder Height, After adding the second cylindrical then "Tile Settings" is "Cube Face Size". Deleting a node to have one again did not switch back to Cylinder.

Even when only one node added and it knows it is cylinder, on the Settings tab it suggest naming schemes for cube faces.

I would realy like to either abandon single resolution, or add a toggle switch that would switch between the two. It would hide all the settings that made no sense to the other.

Thank you, my previews are much better. Earlier I was getting annoyed that when I was switching between cylinder and equirectangular of a 8GB PSB file I would have to wait for the preview to be generated. At the time I was searching for a FoV setting for equirectangular images.

Jim
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jim
Checking the first tab on Flash Output, "Settings" the first cylindrical added "Tile Settings" is Cylinder Height, After adding the second cylindrical then "Tile Settings" is "Cube Face Size". Deleting a node to have one again did not switch back to Cylinder.
Will bug track this.

When I said are you making your cube faces I referring to the Generate Files check box, some unselect this after making the tiles first time around so they are not generated every time you change something.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Carel

I noticed that panos in a tour do not get re-rendered if one changes the FoV. The only way to do that is to re-render the whole tour, each time with a different pano as the starting node.

OK solved it. It had to do with having scaling fov mode set to diagonal.
Carel
Last edited by Carel on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimWatters

JimWatters wrote:I am trying to create a multi-node tour that using a bunch of different size gigapan partial panoramas from various locations surrounding a city. After watching your video I decided it was worth using the Version 4 Pro Beta 2 to see what it could do, but I have run into several issues.

Output media does not have individual settings for each node.

Any adjustments to the Flash output affects all nodes. If I change the size or number of levels to match the dimensions of a node it affects all the other nodes. Can not generate the files for just one node. When some panoramas are 10 times as many pixels wide it makes a difference.

When I look at the generated html file I see that each node individually has its resolution levels defined.

Jim
I was able to use v3 to generate the correct tiles for each partial panorama then modify the html file to use these tiles. But it is a pain and error prone. It would be realy nice to allow different "Output" settings for each node. The .swf file is then only useful for viewing the first node. (or the one that matches the tiles format defined in the .swf file).

Jim
Vestland

thomas wrote:
Tong wrote:choose from list ;-)

but i mean link in url in browser to specific panorama, with one swf for all tour it`s not possible i think
You can already do this, but for the moment it need some tinkering in the HTML page. See Issue #536. For Flash you need to add a flash variable with the start node:

Code: Select all

flashvars.startnode='node3';
or in HTML5 you need to set the start node before you load the XML

Code: Select all

pano.startNode='node3';
If you link within Pano2VR to a tour swf/xml you can set a forth parameter (after pan/tilt/fov) with a specific start node, so for example:
url: nexttour.swf target:0/0/70/node3
We will make a more detailed documentation page for this, but I hope this information helps to get you started.
I am in need of a more detailed help please, or the new beta :)
I have made a tour using the automated tour function, but I need to link back and forth between these panos and a few Gigapans that I plan to put in the same folder on the server. From the buttons on the map in the Gigapans I need to link directly to the different tour panos. I am not good at tinkering with html so I would be very happy to receive sufficiently detailed instructions. Anybody, please!

Tong

Request: Copy data from first panorama user data to all other, for easy changing it, usually all stay the same except Title, tags, GPS so no need to copy it
over and over and over
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tong,
This is already in the to do list.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Carel

Any tips on how to make a multi map tour? I guess one can make multiple skins where only the map is different, but I read in this thread that multi maps is already a Pano2vr pro beta feature...

Carel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Carel,
You do this by adding Tags to your panoramas, V4 and V4 Pro only.
Then use the node marker tool to detect the tag.

Example:
Have two panoramas, one tagged ground and the other tagged first.
Have two rectangles in the skin, say ID ground floor and first floor, set both to hidden.

Add two nod markers to the skin, in the tag enter "ground" the tag in the first pano. Then give the node marker actions: Activate => show => ground floor, Deactivate => hide => ground floor.
Do the same with first floor and the second node marker.
What will happen is the rectangles will show and hide depending which pano is being displayed.

Please find attached a V4 project which is using separate project files, however the same thing will work in Pro.
It has three rectangles/maps and five nodes.
You will also see there is an additional action to position the radar on the node marker in the rectangles/maps.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Pano2VR.zip
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 479 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Carel

Hopki,
I have been hitting a wall all day long trying to get something like your example to work. Lets say that I want to start the vr tour with a flat image "pano" map of a large park. The park has various areas that are not visually connected, like for instance a restaurant, a playground, a museum, etc. Each of these areas has between 2 and 15 panos and each has its own skin map. Because the areas are not visually connected, I need a button to get back to the opening pano with the flat image map to choose a new area to go to. The flat image map "pano" has no skin map. I tried this with just the opening map and one link to one of the sub-areas (a 4 pano tour built with pro). The skin map of the sub-area is not visible, but if I understand "activate" and "deactivate" correctly, it should become visible when the sub-area becomes active. I have included the test skin, but dont know if that is sufficient.
Carel
Attachments
universal-flash-simplex-showhidetest.ggsk
(68.04 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
George Palov

I have done something similar, but the hard way :) no tags etc, everything in 1 skin...

http://kremikovci.geopalstudio.com/

May be I should try to remake it with p2vr4 pro
jmcilvaine

Hi all. First post!

I just download a demo and started on a skin for real estate tours. This is just navigation, but here is how I think I will handle multiple floor plans. Everything here is a "button" not a hotspot. Since I am just building the navigation right now, there is nothing fancy, just round white buttons and 1 red button on the "Ground Level" plan that opens a "Second Level" plan:

http://www.inmotionrems.com/pano/Pano2V ... /Pool.html

A brief explanation:

Top Tab / 3rd white button from left: This will be a tools slide out. It will have links to tools like contact agent, share property, print brochure, etc
Right tab / 4th white button from the left : This will contain a map with hot spots that will link to photos or panos of points of interest nearby the property, like the beach, restaurants, shopping, etc
Left tab / 5th white button from left: Ground floor plan. If this is a two (or more) floor building, it will have a "View 2nd floor" button, which right now is a red button at the top right of the plan which opens opens the second floor. The second floor plan has a blue tab on the left which closes it.
Far right button: Toggles to hide/show thumbnails
Far left button: Toggle fullscreen

Every button and tab functions with the exception of the 2nd white button from the left. That will open a video, once I figure out how to do it! Even thought I am new here, I want to thank everyone for all the input, this is a really nice forum and I hope to be able to learn and contribute!

If all goes smooth I should have the "skin" part complete in a day or two. Then I have to figure out how to build the tour!! Then I will build "tablet" and "smartphone" skins.

A special thanks to "Hopki". That is your thumbnail thingy... :D. Is there a way to generate thumbnails when the images are being processed or is that something I have to do manually? It would be sweet if Pano2VR made thumbs "thumbnail_01", "thumbnail_02"...etc when it processes the tour.

Anyway, hope this is useful to you!

Joe
Carel

Joe,
Is there a way to generate thumbnails when the images are being processed or is that something I have to do manually?
You can do: New Output Format>remap>rectilinear. You can then set up the rectilinear to produce a thumb and set it up so your default always produces a thumbnail when you do the panorama.

Carel