Pano2VR 4.0 Pinned Video/Image Placement

Q&A about the latest versions
smooth

Guys,

Pinning in Pano2VR - Yay !!!! :D

But!, I'm finding the pinning GUI Media Edit placement thingo very unintuitive. Extremely difficult to place items with any degree of accuracy.
I feel you have over complicated it. Using other software you simply draw a polygon box (place the corners individually to match the area) and it's perfect. No need for degrees, tilt adjust etc.
I realise it's a BETA and things are still in tune mode. I would hope this feature improves. Maybe someone can correct me if I have it wrong.

Am I the only one to have this opinion?

Regards, Smooth 8)
kris

yes i think the Pinning feature in Pano2VR can be like the polygon hotspot (place the corners individually to match the area) so that you draw four point around the rectangle to pin the media or the alternative can be the ability to click & drag the corners using any Ctlr/Alt/Shift key for the current pinning feature. similar to photoshop's transformation feature. I hope this will be considered by devlopers.

regards,
kris
Attachments
pan editor.jpg
pan editor.jpg (68.93 KiB) Viewed 7607 times
smooth

Yes, something like that.

I cannot get the placement exact with Pano2VR but it is very easy with other software by placing the corners.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Boothy

Yes a visual preview of video while placing would be even better (is this available now and I am missing something ?), this option is a big move in the right direction but needs to be much more workflow efficient \user friendly to be used often.

Boothy
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Boothy,
Agreed, Thomas has some ideas on this: Issue #525
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
kris

hi hopki
can we edit/preview the pinning of Pinned point Hotspots template(skin) in Media editor now,if yes how to do it? What's the use of "alternative file" option in media editor. the pinning option needs to be revisited as its difficult to pin it exactly with current features.

Also
Only one hotspot template (1st template) is working.
No hand cursor & tooltip option on the pinned media
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kris,
The pinning of the Hotspot Template can not be previewed just yet, just have to centre the point hotspot in the hotspot editor then centre teh Hotspot Template on the image in the skin, not nice but its a start and something we can build on.
This example did not take long at all. Placed all the images as near as dam it then outputted, then made fine adjustments with the X/Y of the image on the Hotspot Template.
Click on the brick in the wall just under the Dog sign. There is also a pinned clock on the wall to your right :wink:

The alternative file is necessary for the HTML5 output.
Example:
Safari will play an MP3
Firefox will play an OGG
Both will not play the other so to hear the sound in all browsers you need both formats.

Just Google web browser native sound support.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
MHornbostel

What file formats can be used there though, other than still images, .GIFs, and SWFs? I get the impression that this technique isn't very usable if your goal is to output to HTML5.

BTW, I agree with everyone here who would like to see a corner pin feature.
Tong

mp4 webm for html5 and flash tours, you place both in video editor, second like alternative source.
MHornbostel

In my tests webm and mp4 don't work with the external media loader in the skin editor.

You can specify files in those formats but they won't display.

Is this just me though?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
The external loader in the skin is for SWF and images only, this does include animated gif. Flash video has to be in a SWF container.
The Media editor will load MP4 and Webm as well as some other video formats, but these two are all that are required for Flash and HTML5, and recommended.
Please note it is important the the order is MP4 then alternative file is Webm.
It is also possible to have different resolutions of video, example:

1080px .mp4 (HD)
1024px .mp4
960px .mp4

1080px .Webm
1024px .Webm
960px .Webm

The browser will look down the list and play the first video it can, therefore it is important to have the larger files first.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com