Happy and Sad

Q&A about the latest versions
dirceufotografia

Happy

I just bought Pano2vr this year, not the unbranded, I was able to upgrade to the 4.x for free, loved.

Love the tour builder. Tried the beta and its awesome.

Sad

I want upgrade to the pro version, but it's too expensive, maybe you guys should thing about a intermediate version like "Branded Pro". Branded and with the tour builder. Middle price.

Thanks!
360vr_nl

Exactly my thoughts.
+1 for a branded, tour enabled version at an intermediate price point.
jare

"Branded Pro"
+1
RobM

If you are using the software for professional usage then the price of pano2VR is offset very quickly. If you are working professionally you bought a camera, panohead and a computer, Photoshop and other software? All cost considerably more than Pano2VRPro costs. All tools of the trade and considered investing in the business.

If you are using it for a hobby, then why do you need an unbranded version? You still bought the camera, computer and other software and pano head...

Just my thoughts..
Werner

RobM wrote:If you are using the software for professional usage then the price of pano2VR is offset very quickly. If you are working professionally you bought a camera, panohead and a computer, Photoshop and other software? All cost considerably more than Pano2VRPro costs. All tools of the trade and considered investing in the business.

If you are using it for a hobby, then why do you need an unbranded version? You still bought the camera, computer and other software and pano head...

Just my thoughts..
Hey RobM, I'm absolute with You! :D
Regards Werner
Dudurel

RobM wrote:If you are using the software for professional usage then the price of pano2VR is offset very quickly. If you are working professionally you bought a camera, panohead and a computer, Photoshop and other software? All cost considerably more than Pano2VRPro costs. All tools of the trade and considered investing in the business.

Just my thoughts..
I´m not agree. Because you can hire a photographer per hour to take the photos (don´t need to bought a camera and pano head) and use open source software (Gimp, etc.) Also, as I did recently, take a virtual tour with structures built with Blender and other free software. The question here is: Why we can´t have a intermediate version?
A "Branded Pro" with the benefits of "tour builder" would be a good alternative.
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
Groucho Marx
360vr_nl

RobM wrote:...If you are using it for a hobby, then why do you need an unbranded version? You still bought the camera, computer and other software and pano head...
But that is exactly my point. I am an amateur and I don't need an unbranded version. So why can't I get a branded version with the pano tour facilities?
Just as with PTGui I am willing to pay an extra 100 or so for a Pro version, but not above that another 100 for an unbranded version.

Karel
dirceufotografia

Just one more thing!

I'm from Brazil. 1 Euro = 2.5 Brazilian Real. So yes, it's so much expensive!

I'm a begginer, just sold my first panos, modest equipment, clients willing to pay a fair value for the job. Here it's a hard market, with a hard exchange rate.

The tour builder saves a lot of time, garden gnome should consider all of its customers, and all markets around the globe.
RobM

you can still build tours without the Pro version though..
Just like you can now.

All software I know if has varying levels of entry and features. GN chose to set it like this. I don't see the problem. How many levels of software shoudl a developer make. Someone might want unbranded but not need the tour feature. Should that be cheaper than Pro but more expensive than branded?

If you are just starting and things are tight. You still paid full money for your hardware... No matter what the local currency is. Hardware is expensive. It is the same for everyone.

Really. In 2012. If you can afford internet to argue this, hardware to shoot and process with, then you can afford the software too. It's not like V4 standard package is any worse than V3. If it was, I'd be 100% behind you on this.
Hakon

+1 for Branded-Pro or an option to buy the Tour-Builder-Modul extra.....
AntiochInteractive

I absolutely HATE the cost of the full Pano2VR.

However - I love Garden Gnome Software and believe that Thomas deserves to profit from Pano2VR. He has made such a modest profit off of previous versions and as this is such a niche product - requiring so much of his time - I do believe that he deserves to make a living!

What would be terrible, and worth complaining about, would be if he did not offer two separate versions and price points.

Additionally, v3.0 is perfectly fine for those on a budget -- I understand that users in other countries may have a slightly more difficult time affording the software.

As others have said - the work that most of us do, completely offsets the cost of Pano2VR - and the software cost is quite trivial. I'm looking to upgrade to a Nikon D5100 this year - and while it's just $600 for the body only - I am in no way upset that Nikon continues to innovate and release new cameras. Just because software is not a tangible good, does not mean that it is any different from the gear we must use.

Thomas is incredibly responsive, helpful, and dedicated to his users and his software. It's VERY uncommon and I'll hate every step of handing him more money -- because guess what? It's hard to part with money! I'll be thrilled to use the new version and benefit from his improvements which I believe will shorten my workflow and in the end, will make me more $$$ (for v5.0!!!)
---
Chris Hickman
ANTIOCH INTERACTIVE MEDIA
http://www.antiochwebhost.com
http://www.metroplex360.com
AntiochInteractive

Dudurel wrote:
RobM wrote:
If you are using the software for professional usage then the price of pano2VR is offset very quickly. If you are working professionally you bought a camera, panohead and a computer, Photoshop and other software? All cost considerably more than Pano2VRPro costs. All tools of the trade and considered investing in the business.

Just my thoughts..
I´m not agree. Because you can hire a photographer per hour to take the photos (don´t need to bought a camera and pano head) and use open source software (Gimp, etc.) Also, as I did recently, take a virtual tour with structures built with Blender and other free software. The question here is: Why we can´t have a intermediate version?
A "Branded Pro" with the benefits of "tour builder" would be a good alternative.
Gimp and Blender and all those open source programs do not hold a candle to using Photoshop and PTGui alongside Pano2VR. I'm going to be rude enough to state that there's no debate to be had.
---
Chris Hickman
ANTIOCH INTERACTIVE MEDIA
http://www.antiochwebhost.com
http://www.metroplex360.com
keith@fachwen.org

For such well supported, pro software, he should be charging a lot more. In my case it will pay for itself in no time.