opening windows

Q&A about the latest versions
RBrooks

Great product, have found out how to do basically everything I want to except this.

I'm trying to have a hot spot open a modal window (think lightbox). An example of this is that I place a hot spot on a product in my virtual store, I want the viewer to click the hotspot and have a window pop up with product detail form (let's call it get_product.php). I can put the page in an iframe onHover in the title attribute of the XML file, but I don't think this is right (and it doesn't work on anything but a computer). The other thing I've been doing is passing it as a URL parameter and having it link to itself (example URL=?pano=9&product=42 target=_self) and this works using some jquery and bodyonLoad(), but it obviously causes an entire page load request after every link click.
Some other notes:
1) Solution needs to be HTML5 player oriented since we aren't using flash at all
2) We are targeting ipad users
3) this product is fantastic!
hum@no.id

There is no difference that in Flash or HTML5.. but need to properly set the parameters on which one you are using a clone of lightbox ...

Panorama window can be generated with PHP or static HTML ...
an example (colorbox script) which allows to run different formats depending on the type of devices

http://en.pomodoro.kz/index.php?newsid=7
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
RBrooks

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to accomplish. I can open a pano in a lightbox. what I'm trying to do is to use hotspots to open a link and have the link be presented in a lightbox or popup window. right now I can open items in an iframe when the mouse is hovered over a hotspot. Below is my XML entry for this
<hotspot id="1" skinid="" pan="-26.7408" tilt="-35.7815" title="<iframe width="490" height="388" src="get_product.php?id=42" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>" url="" target="" />

What I'd like is for it to be a click event that opens the iframe in a modal window, not a hover event. 1 the positioning is always relative to the hotspot and at times the tooltip is drawn out of the viewport, and 2 it's not supported very well in all browsers. I like the way the youtube video works in the sample tour, but try as I might I can't replicate it where a user clicks the hotspot and then a small window opens, the video plays, then the tour goes on.
malaga360VR

My purposes are much more simple than yours , I dont know if you fixed your problem , but maby you can help to fix mine .

Yo says you can " what I'm trying to do is to use hotspots to open a link and have the link be presented in a lightbox or popup window " , well I need to do that but with proportional scalable option.

Frame and image should scale to make it compatible on smaller screens.

Looks like if we make a popup skin, this is fixed to pixel dimensions ( image ) , and that option ruins to watch the project on smaller devices than a standard monitor, maybe I am wrong , but I think a modal lightbox auto scalable is what Im looking for.

Any help much is appreciated.

Post with some examples
mczet

Posting to see if anyone has additional information for a solution to this problem. I too would like to place hotspots for output in HTML5 and have the hotspot be clickable on a tablet and have a scaleable lightbox window pop up. (Or an in widow popup or drop down, slide out....)

In my example, I have a large tour for a local college. Some of the laboratories have equipment that they would like to have larger pictures and further information to display. I've tried using the Modal Popup script, and it works fine, but the popups open in a new tab. I can live with that if its the best available, but lightbox windows just seem more elegant.

I originally created the entire project in as flash panoramas using FPP and with some various plug ins, I was able to do all of the above, however the client would also like a tablet friendly version, which means HTML5. Before I show them a test site, I want to nail down exactly how to display the popups and have an intelligent reply if they request in window, or lightbox style display.
Don

Use the hotspotProxyClick function in the skin.js file to display on/off the custom <div> tags you add to your html5 web page.