Sound files repeating

Q&A about the latest versions
JNorris

Hi all,

I've got a 10 scene tour that also has a map in the top right corner with pins marking each scene, as well as intrascene navigation via hotspots. I only have one HS in the skin editor with the actions: mouse click-->open next panorama--->$hu...and...mouse click--->play sound--->loop 1--->_panosound_0 (all our sound files are named this).

These actions are also applied to the map pins in case the user travels via the map instead of the HS. The first scene's narration is set to -1 so it will work on ios devices and starts off with an entry screen that also has the action: mouse click--->play sound--->loop 1--->_panosound_0 (as well as scale to 0 for itself). The problem is after the narration plays in the first scene if i click a HS or map pin to go to another scene it repeats the current scene narration for 2-3 seconds before loading the next scene.

I feel this is due to the fact that the sounds are all named the same so until that next scene loads its going to be referencing the one in the current scene. Do I have to create unique hotspots for each scene and then rename each file in the sound editor: sound 0, sound 1, sound 2, etc, then link them via an action to their respective HS? Or is there a way to get it to work using the current setup with only one hotspot? This would be preferable since I'm using this tour as a template for 100+ other scenes. In the sound editor the narrations are set to embed and--with the exception of the initial scene--are all set to loop:1.

Thanks for any help!

NOTE: I'm using the same skin I have for flash for HTML5.
Hopki
Gnome

Did you see the thread below this one?
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 492#p28198
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JNorris

Hi Hopki!

Thanks for the quick response! I did see that thread, and tried setting it up that way (static/loop -1/don't embed in sound editor, HS image-->mouse click--->play sound-->loop 1--->_panosound_0 in the skin editor) and it played the first scene fine because the action on the splash screen told it to. When I clicked on the other hotspots though, the scene would load and the narration would not play. I only tested these changes locally however and I had not uploaded them to the server as a live link, would that change things? Also, will this setup keep the narration from playing again if that scene is re-visited in the same session? This is something we were looking to implement for this particular tour. Thanks again.

Justin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Justin,
This was an HTML5 only project.
With flash the timings are different.
Top make a Flash output work with the same skin add:
loaded => play sound => loop: 1 => target: sound.

This does mean that the sound in the Flash output will auto play on open, but from there work the same. The best way would be to have two skins.

Using this method you can not play the sound once, it will restart every time you enter the node.
For this you would have to use a button.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/