Hotspots on Video

Q&A about the latest versions
ELowi

We are working together with a creative studio to give a true response to yellowbird.
http://www.yellowbirdsdonthavewingsbutt ... ality.com/

I need to have hotspots on a Pano2VR VIDEO.

I believe the hotspots editor that comes with Pano2VR doesn't update the location of the hotspots as the video runs.
QUESTION 1: Am I wrong?

Assuming the assumption as correct, I thought about two options.

1. Generating two panoramas:
a. The original Pano2VR
b. An additional, mostly transparent, panorama that only contains my hotspots (this way I can animate the hotspots too).
So far I can manage with my knowledge on Pano2VR to build such a thing.
QUESTION 2:
Please tell me how can I interact with the hotspots panorama video (b.)

2. Generate a single panorama
When I edit my video (the mirrored ball raw) I can add the hotspots graphics on the panorama itself.
QUESTION 3:
How can I track the hotspots locations as the video advances and the user tilts and pans the camera?

Thank you, panoramic masters out there!
jobes

Sounds interesting… and challenging

ELowi, when you say video, you mean real-world video, rather than a CG flythrough?

Are you using the old P2VR tutorial to convert to 3x2, then into a Flash video?

A challenge about attaching a hotspot into a 360° might be that it is not just fixed on a x/y position, but also z… and these co-ordinates all change relative to the camera position.

You might be able to 'paint' hotspots using a 3rd party roto tool, then import that camera-tracked & mapped shape back in as an alpha. You can do something not dissimilar in Object2VR.

It's been a long while since I played with 360°video with Pano2VR though, so I might need to refresh my knowledge. Good food for thought…
ELowi

Thank you jobes.

It is a virtual world generated with Cinema 4D and filmed using a glass ball.
Using After Effects we add real people that were filmed with a trolly, so as the virtual camera advances the people don't look flat.

I am using the 3x2 methodology, as I wasn't aware it is old... I'm a newbie to Pano2VR
Is there a better/faster method to render the video?

I can paint the images of the hotspots when editing the video. I also can add trackers that I create in Maya and use them as green screen or as an alpha object in Cinema 4D.
What I need is these special areas to be sensitive to mouse events, and I get the feeling Pano2VR is not the tool for me, sadly.
Something like this Italian guy did here http://lucid.it/. He offers you in tutorial OBJECT 3 the option to add hotspots to panoramic videos.

All the best, thanks for your willing to help!

Ezequiel