Linking to another Pano in a different folder + sound file

Q&A about the latest versions
THildebrandt

HELP!
So I finally figured out how to jump from one Pano to another using the ../../whatever_out.swf
kind of thing.
PROBLEM: when I jump to the new pano the sound which I had attached to the
old skin plays in the new pano to which I jumped not the new sound of that new pano. Then
I noticed the linked to swf is just switched into the old skin settings not using the one for the
new linked to pano. How do I keep the sound with the right pano? This has got to be easier
than I'm making it (spending hours making a simple out of folder link).
I still can't jump to another folder HTML pano but am forced to jump between
swf's. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas.
THildebrandt

Okay,
I think what I did wrong was to attach each sound file to the skin for each pano. What I need to do is have a place
holder _backgound in the skin editor and work with that volume, stop and start via actions in the skin editor
but actually put the sound in via the sound editor as a background sound (I'm trying to have a narrator talk for
each of 360 different panos and when I jump to the next pano I don't want the old sould from the previous skin
to play. So the skin must be more generic with the sound for each pano as a separate background. At least
that's what I'm thinking. My still big problem is I want to jump from folder to folder ../../ and play different
panos via hotspot links and what is really happening seems to be there is one skin and when I hotspot jump
between folders I can only get it to jump using Mypano_out.swf and not between fullscreen *.html files.
That has been a huge problem for me and I wish the program facilitated such jumps between folders to different
fullscreen panos more easily. --That's one for your next version. What a headache it has been.
Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
Please find attached a project that has three panoramas in three different folders.
The hotspots link to each swf file in the different folders.

The sound files are in their own folder at the same level in the file structure as the other folders.
This has the advantage that other panoramas can shire the sound files.
Pano 01 and 03 play Music.mp3
Pano 02 plays Memories_Backing.mp3

I will be bug tracking the sound file path problem as you should be able to link to a swf and it play it's own bg sound from within its own folder.
However having a separate folder with all the sound files in makes better sense so other projects can use them.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Hotspots and sound.zip
(32.77 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
THildebrandt

Hopki,
Thanks so much for the help. This is perfect!
I'm finally catching on. Thanks for getting me going.