Why is this Pano 18mb in files size

Q&A about the latest versions
chris777

I have just created 9 panoramas. Almost all of them have 3500pixel tile sizes, except one which only has 1900pixel tile sizes and yet, it is almost 4 times large in file size than all the others.

Here is a 3500 pixel one, that is 4.7mb in file size
Here is a 3500 pixel one, that is 4.7mb in file  size
Here is a 3500 pixel one, that is 4.7mb in file size
4.7.jpg (104.4 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
and here is the 1900 pixel on that is 17.9mb in file size. It should only be about 2 or 3mbs, not almost 18! What am I missing?
and here is the 1900 pixel on that is 17.9mb in file size. It should only be about 2 or 3mbs, not almost 18!  What am I missing?
and here is the 1900 pixel on that is 17.9mb in file size. It should only be about 2 or 3mbs, not almost 18! What am I missing?
18mb.jpg (108.92 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
360Texas

Does appear to be a mystery.

Both pano's are 8bit. Using Pi (3.1415) x cubeface width = pano width.

I would have thought that with the small tile size would render a smaller .swf file size.

4.7mb pano is about 11,678 pixels wide with cube face tiles 3716 pixels

17.9 mb is about 5,993 pixels wide with cube face tiles at 1908 pixels

On the 4.7mb pano please click the Flash output 'TILE QUALITY' button and see if any of the cube faces % are being compressed.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
visual360media

Hi all, glad i saw this, thought i was goin mad!

I have this on a newly created pano, its 6 meg when i used settings i always use. I open up old pano file, i.e one that is a couple of meg, import the new image, so settings same. Then create pano. And it jumps to over 6 meg. Never had it before. This is after in installed the latest ver 3.1.3 !

I think it is the new version causing this.

Anyone?

Cheers, John
Kind regards,

John Goulding
Hopki
Gnome

@Chris,
Can you send the SWF ?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
thomas
Chief Gnome

webworld360 wrote:Hi all, glad i saw this, thought i was goin mad!

I have this on a newly created pano, its 6 meg when i used settings i always use. I open up old pano file, i.e one that is a couple of meg, import the new image, so settings same. Then create pano. And it jumps to over 6 meg. Never had it before. This is after in installed the latest ver 3.1.3 !

I think it is the new version causing this.

Anyone?

Cheers, John
Are you using quality 90 or above? If so, with version 3.1.0 we changed the color sub sampling for Q>=90 to allow Pano2VR to be used for stereo panoramas. This change causes the files to be a little big bigger then it used to be before 3.1.0, but it also increases the sharpness and color accuracy.
MfG, Thomas
visual360media

Hi Thomas, yep using latest version, last night and the newest version today!
Ah, thats why then. Strangely enough i (before seeing this post) altered top bottom left right etc faces to various quality settings, somethin i have rarely done before. I had altered the zenith to less than 90 in the past but usually left all at 90. But after altering the quality of the tiles as above i noticed file size reduced without losing quality, good work then, will remember for the future. Thanks

Not sure what you meant by stereo though?
Kind regards,

John Goulding