Skin Editor Feature Requests

Q&A about the latest versions
Judy-A

1. Find & Replace function

Examples:
In a multiple text selection of text blocks in a menu, find and replace color.
In a multiple selection of thumbnail images, find and replace alpha on rollover.

----------------------------
2. Add URL Open dialog

Whenever a URL input field is presented, there would be an option to open the file via a system Open dialog. (Even better is the file pointer used in Dreamweaver, but that feature may be patented.)

Examples:
Action > Open next Panorama
Action > Go to URL
External Image > External URL

3. Gray and disable non-applicable actions or functions

If an action or function will not work with an element type, then gray the feature in the pop-up list, and make in non-selectable.

Example: When Action>Set Text is applied to a rectangle or image, it must target a text object, not $self.

4. Alphabetical listing of IDs

In the ID pop-up menu, rather than listing all of the uppercase IDs before lowercase IDs, I would prefer if that they be sorted alphabetically. (I prefer to stay in the habit of using only lowercase and no spaces, as is good practice for html links.)

5. Rework “Save change in the skin?” Dialog

If this dialog is used at all, it should never be triggered when cursor is in a text field and you press the Enter key.

Confusing wording on button:

“Don’t save” can mean, “Don’t save now but continue editing.” However, if you click the “Don’t save” button, the skin editor closes and all edits made since last save are lost. This has been a very unpleasant surprise to me on many occasions.

The dialog question could be “Save changes before closing?” or the button could say “Close without saving?”. The word “Close” should be in there somewhere.

I’d like to emphasize that these skin editor requests are not necessarily my top-priority feature requests. I know there’s been a necessary and urgent push for HTML5 features. I’d like to see an integration of Google Maps. I'd like to be able to pin images and video to the panorama surface, topics that have be discussed on this forum quite often. However, I do believe these skin editor features would make P2VR easier to use.

Discussion welcome.

Judy